• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Donation for adopting a rabbit

Laura10101

Warren Scout
Hi!

My rabbit has been staying at a rescue this week to be bonded with another rabbit that i found on RR. They are now the perfect couple :love: and i'm going to pick them up this weekend :D. The rescue doesnt have a set fee for adoption or bonding, they just want a donation. How much of a donation do you think i should give?

Thanks!

Laura

If I could afford it I'd give the value of the neuters and vaccs. Otherwise just ask them what their average donation is?

I gave £80 for my 2 - they were neutered and myxi vacc'd, I just had to get them VHD'd.
I think the min was £30 per rabbit, which is not too much but hopefully enough to put people off who want them for sinister reasons or on a whim.

I paid £50 for my adopted bunny. When I took my adpoted bunny home I left my other three at the rescue for bonding. I got a box of chocolates to say thank you. ;)

It depends a lot on circumstances but if possible I'd pay what it's cost the rescue at minimum plus donation for time taken bonding.

I think he was neutered before he went to the rescue, but the woman has spent a lot of time working with the bunnies- The first few days she checked them every few hours, even through the night and has been sending me photo updates of them.

I don't to look cheap but i also want to spend all my money spoiling my bunnies with toys and treats!

£50 +

i was really skint when we adopted holly so only gave the minimum adoption fee :oops:

i do now sponsor two of hoppers buns to make up for my lack of donation, maybe you could consider the same for your rescue if cash is tight at the mo :wave: otherwise the more you can spare the better :D

Whether he was neutered at the rescue or before he got there makes no difference..if you are getting a neutered, vacs rabbit and the rescue has gone to the trouble of bonding for you, you really ought to give a minimum of £40..we ask £45
work out how much it would cost you to buy a bun, get them vacs and neutered..then add on some for the bonding..and £40 -£60 will seem cheap
if they were lucky enough to get this one handed in neutered then the money will go towards all the others they have to deal with

Rescues do not make a profit you know

Spenser wasn't from a rescue, but if I was ever in the position to have a rescue bunny I would be willing to cover whatever neuter had cost the rescue. I would just be so grateful I wasn't having to make the decision to have it done myself, as I will have to do for Spenser in the near future.

Whether he was neutered at the rescue or before he got there makes no difference..if you are getting a neutered, vacs rabbit and the rescue has gone to the trouble of bonding for you, you really ought to give a minimum of £40..we ask £45
work out how much it would cost you to buy a bun, get them vacs and neutered..then add on some for the bonding..and £40 -£60 will seem cheap
if they were lucky enough to get this one handed in neutered then the money will go towards all the others they have to deal with

Rescues do not make a profit you know

I agree, when we got mylo we paid £25 for him, then £50 for the neuter and then his vaccinations came to another £23 so if you add all that up it does come out more than u think!

It just seems cheaper not from a rescue because you pay for things separate!

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I can't wait to pick them up on Saturday. Here is a pictures of the bunnies :love: Daisy is the chinchilla lop and the orange harlequin lop is Cinnabon who i am adopting :D

D__C_3.jpg

I've usually given about 60 I think. I usually give 10-20 more than the minimum donation requested, especially when they've bonded new bun for me.

Out of interest, how much would people give as donation for just bonding 2 buns not associated to the rescue doing the bonding? (Hay and food provided by me)?
Thanks

Back