• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How high should a pen be so they dont jump out?

MichelleGsPets

Alpha Buck
So I'm changing around my rabbit cages and I'm just thinking of having a large playpen of some sort for them. But I'm wondering how high should this be so they dont jump out?

One of them was in a temp 2X2 NIC cage and he did jump out a couple of times so it will have to be higher than that but much higher?

Some of ine have jumped out over four foot. I would suggest having something with a covering or a roof over the top.

Some of ine have jumped out over four foot. I would suggest having something with a covering or a roof over the top.

my poppy can jump 4 ft too :lol: i would also suggest a covering, its suprising how high they can jump when they are determined! :lol:

One of mine once jumped over 3 nic grids and ended up in my other pairs pen - all hell broke loose and there was fur everywhere! I wasnt risking it after that so I used to peg a duvet cover over the top

Yeah Toby can jump on to the dinning table from the floor no problems, a roof is pretty much the only way to keep him in somewhere!

From standing on the ground most buns can only jump 3ft-4ft. But if they have things to jump on, or if it's possible to scramble up, they can get over fences higher than that.

My nethies are not only good jumpers, but good climbers too!

They can scale several feet of the mesh in the aviary :shock:

Always have a roof on, Hazel can jump the 4ft up to the window ledge in the outhouse. I always find her sleeping or gazing out at the sky bless her. :roll: :lol:

Back