• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wot age to sex bunnies?...??????????

Tmitchell167

Young Bun
Hi everyone,my bunnies are almost eight weeks old.I still have three of them together in a cage.at wot age do I need to separate them and how soon can they be sexed.don't want anymore babies.xx

I can sex buns from 4 weeks old. You should definitely have them seperate by 12 weeks. What breed are they, a small, medium or large breed?

By the way you need someone experienced to sex them as even vets get it wrong sometimes!!

I can sex buns from 4 weeks old. You should definitely have them seperate by 12 weeks. What breed are they, a small, medium or large breed?

By the way you need someone experienced to sex them as even vets get it wrong sometimes!!

Agree, you need someone very rabbit savvy to do it for you :wave: My vet and I thought Zero was a girl until he was 3 or 4 months old

They are medium,I looked out at the cage today and one was jumping on the others back and I got a bit worried :oops:Really don't want anymore babies.so a vet cud def tell me now then?wot age do they become sexually active? Will I be safe leaving them till they are twelve weeks?:love:Xxxxxxx

You will see same-sex humping as they get older and hormones start to kick in

The sooner you can separate them the better really, it is more unlikely but still possible for them to get pregnant when under 12 weeks.

I would separate into same sex groups at 9 weeks, if you can. You can have a look at them all and see which ones look the same as others, which may allow you to do it. What you're looking for is that boys have 'donuts' and girls have 'tacos', or boys have 'circles' and girls have 'slits'. None of that probably helps though. :lol:

I would separate into same sex groups at 9 weeks, if you can. You can have a look at them all and see which ones look the same as others, which may allow you to do it. What you're looking for is that boys have 'donuts' and girls have 'tacos', or boys have 'circles' and girls have 'slits'. None of that probably helps though. :lol:

I got Lola at 9 weeks and Benson was 16 - they had to be separated as I was told it was possible for Lola to get pregnant even at that age!

Back