• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

shakira is getting done on mon

shakiraminilop

Warren Scout
I am so scared for her and im so worried she will change as her personality is so lovely she is more like a cat
she sits on my window sil and will watch outside and make funny noises like a cat

can they change? what can i give her to make her heal quicker and she is always wanting to get out the cage i am worried she will hurt herself :( after the opxx

My foster babies are slso getting spayed on Monday too. It is a worry but I am sure they will all be fine. Take some of her favourite foods in a little bag with you to the vet so that they can try and get her eating straight after the op. I usually put it in plastic bags and sellotape it to the pet carrier handle.

A quite, warm place to recover when she gets home. Cage rest for a few days with nothing to jump up on. Hay in a hay rack to eat. No hay on the floor or in the litter tray to irritate the wound. I am putting the babies on newspapers and towels until their stitches are removed. The important thing is to make sure they are eating, weeing and pooing, so it's just trying different kinds of foods to tempt them.

The wound should stay clean and not look inflamed the next day. If they nibble stitches you can put them in a sleeve from a jumper with 2 holes cut out for arms. Only one of my does has ever bothered with her stitches all the others have been fine.

I haven't noticed any personality changes. But they do change slightly as they grow from babies to teenagers to adults. As we all do.
Good luck.

Last edited:
Back