• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Windows in Sheds

Indy

Warren Scout
Mine are fixed glass panes right now but am just wondering if anyone has rigged their windows to open in summer? Ive just bought some insect netting to put up at the window but just looking for ideas for when it gets warmer! We have a lot of foxes and cats in our area so not keen on just leaving the door open...

I haven't got a shed (i wish!) but i've thought about what i'll do when i get one, one day and my plan was to get the proper galvanised mesh and make panels that could be secured on in front of the windows and doors, the door is a bit trickier but i'm sure someone with a clue about DIY (not me :oops::lol:) would be able to suggest the best way to go about it.

I wouldn't trust netting/mesh of there are cats, they're quite springy are cats and could probably get in through a window even if it were a few feet of the floor.

inside my shed doors i have at the bottom a panel screwed inside about 3.5 ft high so i can open the door and go in without my guys rushing out and above that a pair of doors cut out in the middle with the thick wire mesh in place.

in good weather i unscrew the bottom panel so i can pull the run up to the shed and they can come and go as they please. if not i have the option of just opening the doors and the interior top doors allow ventalation..

my shed windows won't open and i wouldn't trust netting. i know some people put wire inside the window frame if the windows open outwards...
does that make sense??? :?

We have glass windows in our shed and they don't open. It does get warm in the shed during summer, but the buns have 24 hour access to their run, which has a little bunny house in it that provides shade, so I don't plan to amend the windows.

I have perspex windows in my playhouses which are closed all winter, but in the warmer weather I will open the windows as wide as they can go, as I have welded mesh on the inside of the windows stapled to the playhouse wall so the bunnies are very safe.

I have perspex/glass windows which are fixed, but I have an inner framework round the doors with mesh, so I leave my shed doors open...

Pic isn't great...

IMG00469-20090509-1247.jpg

I have perspex/glass windows which are fixed, but I have an inner framework round the doors with mesh, so I leave my shed doors open...

Pic isn't great...

IMG00469-20090509-1247.jpg

aw.. blake having a wash.. so cute!! (john drops everything to watch the buns wash!)

dandelion leaves just out of reach must drive him mad!:lol:

We bought a greenhouse opening window from b&q it's a slatted window works a treat for letting air through. And I have a blind on the other one to keep some sun out in the summer just a metal Venetian one.

Back