• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Surprise Baby lion lops (UPDATED lots more pics)

Louise G

Warren Scout
Hi before you read this I would just like to say, I have owned rabbits for 25 years and have never had a litter. I do not agree with breeding rabbits as I am aware how many are unwanted and in rescues. I currently own 9 rabbits, most are rescued (and now 5 babies) and look after them all really well.

I have a neutered male lion lop called 'Horace' and after a lot of thought travelled a 5 hour round trip to fetch him 'Saffie' a BEW lion lop from a breeder 'who couldn breed er cos she got nowt to breed wit'. She had been kept in a 3 foot hutch with no excercise on her own and was nervous but we soon found with love she is actually a complete sweetheart and always sticks her head out of her hutch for a stroke and comes when called.

We booked Horace in to be neutered and kept them separate for three (of the six weeks) you are supposed to until one day we went outside to swap the bunnies in the indoor play area (they are on a rota) and to my horror, saffie was out aswell. They were nowhere near and there was no evidence of a fight but i still took her to the vets who said shes not pregnant. After 2 weeks i took her again and then once more (2days before she gave birth) and the vet said 'I cant guarantee shes not pregnant but id say im 100 percent definate shes not'.

To cut a long story short she had five babies, despite being only tiny. She was a great mother and would come in and put her head down for cuddles when we checked the babies and had no problem with us handling them so all her babies are so tame. With a mixture or exercise in the garden (which has high walls and is rabbit proofed, indoor play area and also inside the house, they are used to people and dogs and crave attention. They are nearly 8 weeks old now and live with mum and dad who is so good with them, they climb all over him and he always greets them by licking their ears.

The parents are the softest, tamest bunnies I own. Show no aggression and come when called. The babies seem to have the same nature. They love being stroked and sit well, falling asleep in your arms. I have 4 does and 1 buck, 2 double maned, 1 teddy and 2 single maned).

We are planning on keeping two- three but there is no way we can keep five as it is unfair on the current rabbits we own and will affect on their lifestyle. I just wondered if anyone knew of someone who is looking for a rabbit to eventually be paired with one of theirs or two bunnies? I have not advertised as im so scared they wont be looked after, despite my best efforts. and i know people on here all seem to love bunnies. I am desperately seeking good homes where a decent size hutch, shelter and safe exercise is provided... along with company and veterinary care. If anyone knows someone who might be interested please pm me. sorry its such a long post, enjoy the pics :D
z6.jpg

Dad (orange) Mum (white)
z15.jpg

Last edited:
I'd want to complain to the vets, or at least get my money back for that visit and put it towards the babies vaccs!

They are absolutely gorgeous though, wish I could help out but sadly no room at the inn :(

Awww I :love: them. I have no doubt you will find homes for them really easily as they are so adorable!! If I lived closer I would be very tempted!!

Awh thankyou for all your lovely comments. Yeah the mummy and daddy are madly in love. The easiest bond I have ever done...no scratches or bites and still havent been any :)
z14.jpg

z5.jpg

bb9.jpg

bb10.jpg

1.jpg

fuzzzz.jpg

wuntttt.jpg

I do have eyes honest
runttty.jpg

bbs7.jpg

dotty.jpg

babbb.jpg

runty4.jpg

runty.jpg

middlec.jpg

z12.jpg

z.jpgtp:

bhk.jpg

gjfuj.jpg

bab.jpg

babyyyyy.jpg

spotty.jpg

sandyyy.jpg

sorry for all the pics. I have taken a lot, the are so adorable. If anyone knows anyone who could offer any of my babies a good, loving home, please contact me. There is one sandy, single maned doe, one orange single maned doe, one orange double maned doe, one orange teddy maned doe (ball of fluff that appears to have no eyes:love:) and orange double maned buck. All friendly sweet cheeky babies. They are in the kitchen as we speak binkying everywhere :love: i dont want any money for thm just good homes as I cannot keep them all. Would even travel if it helps, thanks xox

SQUEEEEE!! I just wanna squish and cuddle them all! :love: :love:
You dont know how bad i want these :D :love:
They are soo gorgeous! Hope they find good homes and i'm extremely jealous of anyone who gets one!! :lol:

SQUEEEEE!! I just wanna squish and cuddle them all! :love: :love:
You dont know how bad i want these :D :love:
They are soo gorgeous! Hope they find good homes and i'm extremely jealous of anyone who gets one!! :lol:

Well if you do change your mind, let me know :D could try and find some way of getting them to you. Just want good homes for them so bad. My mum wants me to advertise on preloved and stuff but Im holding out for a little bit. fingers crossed somebody on RU needs a friend for one of their buns or a fluffy twosome to scamper around the garden :) x

They are the most gorgeous little babies I have ever seen! The remaining two - put them in a box and ship them to me :love: :love: :love:

They are a perfect little bunny family! So cute and fluffy! :love: if I give into temptation and say I would have two then I'd have no room left for fostering so I am going to be strong, :oops::oops:

Back