• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Angel...split eye

winnies angel

Mama Doe
Angelstear duct has shut down again but no vet will touch her eye, we have to wait for our vet to come back shes on hol for a month should be bak in 2 weeks but angels eye is so itchy she keeps clawing at it.
Got up this morn and went to manipulate her eye to get gunge out and it squirted out her face not eye/nose on closer look her eye in the corner has split so wereat vets later to get checked as I dont want to be forcing stuff in and rubbing incase I damage her more.
Any vibes would be good or even suggestions as I know the vet cant drain it but just want peace of mind really thats it still ok to pop drops in.

Oh how horrendous.

Good luck at the vets. I hope they can do something that can help.

It sounds far worse than it looks although I personally wouldn't want my eye hurting. Its like a hole further down her nose from her eye and the gunge squirts out of there than her eye its weird but obv sore.

lots of vibes is there another vets you acn go to who would have a look and do something? what drops and other meds is she on already? what originally caue the eye issue? x

lots of vibes is there another vets you acn go to who would have a look and do something? what drops and other meds is she on already? what originally caue the eye issue? x

she has mouth disease and its the teeth that cause eye gunge and shut her tear duct. X-rays showed that if she had another flush it could burst her tear duct and the pain would prob kill her so she isnt allowed them. Our vet is on holiday and the other vet at the surgery done her dental but sad he would not do her eye as he wasn't sure what to do and to wait for our vet to return but obv now its done that I want to get it checked as I dont want to be rubbing it incase I make it worse. It doesnt look red like normal just gungy but when I tried to squirt it out it came out further down from her eye where there shouldnt be any hole?

I'm sorry I have no advice, but lots of vibes for Angel, I hope you can keep her comfortable until your vet is back xx

she has mouth disease and its the teeth that cause eye gunge and shut her tear duct. X-rays showed that if she had another flush it could burst her tear duct and the pain would prob kill her so she isnt allowed them. Our vet is on holiday and the other vet at the surgery done her dental but sad he would not do her eye as he wasn't sure what to do and to wait for our vet to return but obv now its done that I want to get it checked as I dont want to be rubbing it incase I make it worse. It doesnt look red like normal just gungy but when I tried to squirt it out it came out further down from her eye where there shouldnt be any hole?

oh i see quite complex then really, i hope you can get it seen adn sorted good luck and vibes xx

Well panic over as far as he can see no split but her inside is really swollen/inflammed and blocked. As he cant flush he has no suggestions but to hang on for a fortnight and just keep putting her drops in. He didn't mention metacam but Ill give her a little anyway.
Poor beast.

metacam is an anti-inflammatory as well as a pain killer I think(?) so hopefully should help.

sue:wave:

Hmmm... personally I wouldn't be leaving her for two week incase it is abcesses given how quickly they can develop. H isn't back until 16th March and I don't trust K with rabbits at all to be honest. I find it shameful that he recommends you wait two weeks until a rabbit savvy vet is back.

You could go and see Judith Brown up in Forest Hall.

Back