• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Great. So now my bunnies are at risk.

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
Not sure if people remember the thread I posted earlier this week (not going to link to it or describe it). Yesterday and Tuesday I spent many miles, hours and money getting various rabbits to various safe places in very amicable circumstances.

Now, someone has got a 'grudge' and guess who lives right nearby. I've been told if anything happens to call the Police and we also have to try and step up the security around our house.

All I did was try to help these bunnies and now mine are at risk. Who knows what some people are capable of.

:evil:

(bear in mind I can't be more specific publicly)

Oh no! Thats horrible.
These people will have a revenge attack??? Nasty :censored:.
What else can you do to protect yours??

God why is it doing the right thing seems to cause so much trouble for you :? Am hoping you and alll bunnies get through this okay!

That's awful and very worrying for you :(

Do you have CCTV? If not can you get it rigged up quickly (even a fake as an interm)?

sending lots of love and protection your way (I believe in angels) how awful. It seems no matter what people do to help they always end up worse off. Some people are just horrid.
I hope everything is ok and the idiots see what has been done is only for the right reasons.
No comfort I know but just so you know we care!

That's awful and very worrying for you :(

Do you have CCTV? If not can you get it rigged up quickly (even a fake as an interm)?

Yes, we've been discussing this. Definitely one to look into :)

and thanks to everyone else.

This is horrible and worrying. I don't care what he does to me or my car or whatever, but the bunnies are obviously different.

I have noooooo idea whats gone on but to put your bunnies at risk is despicable!

Yes, we've been discussing this. Definitely one to look into :)and thanks to everyone else.

This is horrible and worrying. I don't care what he does to me or my car or whatever, but the bunnies are obviously different.

Get onto to it today if you can :) You can order good dummies online and it could be with you by tomorrow. Then look into getting a "real" system installed. I'd feel just the same, my animals mean everything to me.

Other things to consider:

Padlock as much as you can
Fit lights with motion detectors
Tie wind chimes to gates/doors so that they make a noise when opened.
Lay gravel?

Thinking of you x

Last edited:
There was a mention on another thread about security alarms for sheds so maybe this is something to consider as well?

I have noooooo idea whats gone on but to put your bunnies at risk is despicable!

I didn't mean to put them at risk. I found myself in a situation that was difficult to get out of and I did what was best for the rabbits involved and thought the situation was finished, from my respect.

I'm going to hope that you meant its dispicable of the person who is 'suspected' to have a vendetta is the despicable one Grin? :)

I have contacts and may be able to get a decent price on a DVR system (digital cctv) - if you'd like me to see what i can do?

Been in a very similar situation myself Sky. You are wise not to go into details on here as there are certain Forum 'readers' who's agenda is as far removed from Rabbit Welfare as it's possible to be......................

I would not give details of what your enhanced security will involve as these afore mentioned 'readers' think it is 'helpful' to pass the information on.

I made sure that the Police officially recorded what occurred here so if things escalate there will be historical references. I would suggest that you do the same and also pass on to the Police any email or other contact made by those causing you trouble.

Been in a very similar situation myself Sky. You are wise not to go into details on here as there are certain Forum 'readers' who's agenda is as far removed from Rabbit Welfare as it's possible to be......................

I would not give details of what your enhanced security will involve as these afore mentioned 'readers' think it is 'helpful' to pass the information on.

I made sure that the Police officially recorded what occurred here so if things escalate there will be historical references. I would suggest that you do the same and also pass on to the Police any email or other contact made by those causing you trouble.

:wave: Thank you :) Good advice there.

*big hugs* I'm so sorry that they have been put at risk when all you did was help (from what I can tell as understandably you can't go into detail)

I agree with Jane - don't give details of your enhanced security in case it falls into the wrong hands.

i remember the post.. you would think the person would be grateful you are offering help and advice.
hope you get your buns back soon and this all calms down. :cry:

Do you have, or could you borrow a dog with a loud bark for the next week or so? Just till the worst threat is over.

More as a deterent than anything, plus they will alert you if someone goes into the garden.

I agree, unfortunately theire are some bad people out there :(

If you need moral support we are here :)

Thats horrible. :evil:

Hope everything settles down soon but it's hard when it's on your doorstep.

Hope its just idle threats and you and all around you stay safe and protected.
Sending you a hug.Wish I could do more.:evil:

Back