• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why?????

rolo

Alpha Buck
My bun is about 10 months, netured. Hes s full-time, free range house bun. Fully litter trained, he is only in his cage overnight and back out first thing in the morning.

He never poos or wees anywhere in the house.....except, for some reason the bathroom floor (which is ok, lino is easy to clean and he must be clever, cos its the right room for it:lol:)

And, also the sofa! He watches us to see if we go out of the room, then quick as a flash, hes on the sofa...HUGE pile of poos and a good wee! Why?????? And his house is next to the sofa and the door is always open. He will sit in his litter quite happily and do his stuff when we are in the room, but as soon as we get up off the settee, his ears perk up and he waits for us to go.

He sits on the chairs quite happily and never does anything, he sleeps on the bed and never does anything, so why this? Anybody any ideas???

Thanks

Rach x

Sounds like he is trying to claim the sofa as his territory. They will often poo all over 'disputed' territory :?

Disputed territory?

How odd buns are :lol:

Weird that he doesnt want to claim the other chairs...but having said that, just thought, he has dug out the back of the sofa and sometimes sits underneath it. So I suppose he might see it as his burrow.

Mmmmmm interesting.

Better get some waterproof covers!

Rach x

Disputed territory?

How odd buns are :lol:

Weird that he doesnt want to claim the other chairs...but having said that, just thought, he has dug out the back of the sofa and sometimes sits underneath it. So I suppose he might see it as his burrow.

Mmmmmm interesting.

Better get some waterproof covers!

Rach x

You can't let him claim the sofa as his territory as it can make life difficult for you. Can you try putting a litter tray on the sofa for now and then moving it onto the floor when he realises it is his? :?

who usualy sits on the sofa??

nemo used to do this ...we had to stop him getting on ours ...

think it was something to do with him being attached to mick and it being his spot . :):lol:

I would love a solution to this little problem. My two still poo anywhere and everywhere, but reserve their wee for my bed. :roll: It's becoming extremely frustrating.

Hi all, thanks for your replies.

Anyone of us sits where ever. Theres 6 of us, so seats are allocated on a first come, first served basis! :lol:

I dont let him get on to sofa, but he must has a 6th sense about it when its unocuppied! He can be totally zonked out,snoring, feet in the air and oblivious to any noise (and our house is REALLY noisy) But as soon as the sofa is vacant.......bang, hes there! He can even be in another room!

After the loo break on there, he sits, smiles and cleans himself! And if I didnt know better, would say he was going "Na na nan naaaa!" with his tongue out!

Grrrrrrr!

Rach x

Will try putting another litter tray on there tonight and see how he goes.

Hi all, thanks for your replies.

Anyone of us sits where ever. Theres 6 of us, so seats are allocated on a first come, first served basis! :lol:

I dont let him get on to sofa, but he must has a 6th sense about it when its unocuppied! He can be totally zonked out,snoring, feet in the air and oblivious to any noise (and our house is REALLY noisy) But as soon as the sofa is vacant.......bang, hes there! He can even be in another room!

After the loo break on there, he sits, smiles and cleans himself! And if I didnt know better, would say he was going "Na na nan naaaa!" with his tongue out!

Grrrrrrr!

Rach x

Will try putting another litter tray on there tonight and see how he goes.

:lol::lol::lol:

:oops: .. sorry ...musnt laugh :oops:

norty boy :no:

Aaaahhhh well, put a litter box on there last night.

Rolo sniffed at it, hopped in, ate some hay, hopped out and did a wee!

Put him down, he sat and glared at us.

Went into kitchen, but hid behind door to watch him...he hopped back on, dragged the tray to edge of sofa and kicked it off!!! Left a pile of poo, on sofa.

So....think this might be a real battle of wills!!!!

I really did try to be cross with him, but he came and stood on his back paws next to me and smiled. (you know what I mean) So scooped him up for a snuggie!!

Would you say Im under his thumb? (paw):lol:

Rach x

Back