• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Some Recent Photo's of Cassie & Ava

Ambience

Warren Veteran
w5fFMl.jpg

Cassie on her first long walk out enjoying the scenery. She is now 13 weeks old.

BW4DZl.jpg

Ava just after doing her meds tonight- she is a good girl with such a fighting spirit.

M7A5ul.jpg

Cassie again entertaining herself in the snow.

JAqrfl.jpg

Another one of Ava wondering why i'm taking photo's of her? Her legs are deformed on both sides but we decided to keep them as despite her needing sudocream daily and baytril, she is doing fine :) To think the vets were going to put her to sleep. I think she will let me know when the time comes.

Last edited:
I thought splayed legs could be cured or at least made better? Surely someone on RU knows about it.

That would be nice if it could be- my vets were just talking about pts as a definate option. I said no and they agreed to keep her alive. Since they have been great in helping me care for her. I'd love any help i could get really.

She gets around fine and doesn't need any support. She drags her leg and it still has abit of nerves in it. She has tremors though if you pick her up so i have to be quick when i'm cleaning her up so not to cause her distress.

I do keep her on cardboard bedding, else she would get caked up in her own mess easily- She used to outside at grass and she loved it and didn't get any mess around her back end.

Now urine and poo just sticks to her fur as her bum seems to be lower to the ground. The vets said her spinal position will eventually deteriorate and she will get further problems, but until whilst she is happy they are happy to keep going with her.

They could see her little soul shining so brightly after being with them overnight and i think they changed there minds about her and were glad they didn't pts.

Awww, bless her :love::love:
She sounds such a little sweetie!!

Yes, she is such an angel x First time i was washing her in the bathroom i was crying thinking how awful it was for her and how bad i was not being able to help her and blaming myself for the mess she was in.

This happened in the freezing weather and the poo and wee froze onto her and was near impossible to get off. She was so brave though and since the vets have been helping me it has solved the problem of poo and urine sticking to her fur daily.

I'm lucky she is still here.

She gets around fine and doesn't need any support. She drags her leg and it still has abit of nerves in it. She has tremors though if you pick her up so i have to be quick when i'm cleaning her up so not to cause her distress.

I do keep her on cardboard bedding, else she would get caked up in her own mess easily- She used to outside at grass and she loved it and didn't get any mess around her back end.

Now urine and poo just sticks to her fur as her bum seems to be lower to the ground. The vets said her spinal position will eventually deteriorate and she will get further problems, but until whilst she is happy they are happy to keep going with her.

They could see her little soul shining so brightly after being with them overnight and i think they changed there minds about her and were glad they didn't pts.

Aww... poor little soul.
She is so lucky, to be with such a caring person, who looks after her every need..:love:

Aww... poor little soul.
She is so lucky, to be with such a caring person, who looks after her every need..:love:

Thankyou, that's kind of you to say. I didn't feel like i was doing the best for her when her problems first started , it was a struggle to get it right. I am coping now though and have got into a comfortable routine with her that she is happy with. She's so incredibly brave.

cuteness

im glad you chose not to pts beautiful Ava as she got such a sweet little face and im glad she getting all the attension and care she needs as it must be so rewarding for you

Cassie is so cute loving the snow picture :love:

I thought splayed legs could be cured or at least made better? Surely someone on RU knows about it.

Normally splay leg is caused by a congenital deformity and there is no cure. The ones we have had have been caused by being born without a ball socket in the hip or in Wesleys case only half a socket and extra boney growth where there shouldn;t be any. So no they can;t be cured.

We haven't had a splay leg bunny live longer than 2 years old :(

Normally splay leg is caused by a congenital deformity and there is no cure. The ones we have had have been caused by being born without a ball socket in the hip or in Wesleys case only half a socket and extra boney growth where there shouldn;t be any. So no they can;t be cured.

We haven't had a splay leg bunny live longer than 2 years old :(

Thanks for letting me know. I think it would be any other problems that would finish her off. She has been neutered though and come through that fine. She has also been under anesthetic for clean up, so quite amazing really - she is abit of a fighter. Makes sense it can't be cured- The vets suggested an amputation of one leg,but i think that would make it worse.

im glad you chose not to pts beautiful Ava as she got such a sweet little face and im glad she getting all the attension and care she needs as it must be so rewarding for you

Cassie is so cute loving the snow picture :love:

Me too i couldn't have lived with myself if i did. On the same day my other bun adonia died, so it was a hard day all round- I wasn't ready to lose two buns in a day, i fought as hard as i could for her.

I have a special affinity for her now i think after what i go through with her. I remember accidentally calling her adonia when she came back from the vets as i was so upset about my loss.

I felt that ava somehow brought some of adonia's soul or spirit back home with her. They made the last journey together. I wish i had been there- but i'm glad ava was. I think she would have taken care of her for me. She is really such a loving bun.

She does cost quite abit to clean up, so I'm guessing most people opt for pts which is why the vets suggested it. For the sake of £60 a time or whatever it is though, it is worth every penny to have her treated every couple of weeks.

I'm the one who is lucky to have her, not the other way around :)

Back