• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Carriers for large rabbits

Alicia

Mama Doe
If you have big rabbits what carrier do you use? And if you have a pair of large rabbits do you put them in the same carrier or do they have to go in seperate ones?

Big normal carrier and both together. Combined weight of my trio is probably similar to a larger pair too and they always travel together. it's important for stress that they go everywhere bond intact.

I only have pairs where one is a 'giant' bun but it's still heavy work, but totally necessary.

My rabbit is 4kg and he has a 48cm long carrier for himself (important theyre not too big so they dont go flying against the side in the car) but will be getting a 58cm one when he has a friend, although his friend will be a small bunny around 2.5kg or less.

Hope that makes sense.

If you can carry it, its best to have them in carriers together I think, keeps them calm if they have their friend there. Or if its too heavy you can get ones with wheels.

Back