• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spending time with outdoor bunnies in winter!

zayna1

Warren Scout
:D I know buns can be left outside during winter...but how do you cope with it? haha i mean, going out and having cuddles and playing with them and just generally spending time with them, don't you just FREEEZE?! (which is one of the reasons why i like them being indoors in winter hehe) :lol: My bunny (now bunnys) was outside all summer, and it was quite cold at night for me, when i'd go out and say goodnight to him and spend some time with him... he was ok...hopping around and playing, while i was freezing my butt off! :lol: In winter its so much worse! Do you wrap up warm and trek into the garden? :lol: As you can see i'm allergic to the cold!!

My foster buns are outdoors but live in a shed so am lucky enough to stay dry when giving them fuss. All I have to do is put on an extra jumper or jacket and gloves if its really cold :)

:lol:
The answer is YES! i freeze right down to the bone!
Today, however, i was prepared.... with a hat, scarf, huuge jacket, and layers under my trousers...:D
Snug as a bug i was!

I am a very bad Bunny Mummy as I don't spend much time with my outdoor buns in the winter:oops: I feed them, clean them out and check they are OK but I don't put them on the grass and sunbathe with them like I do in the summer.

They all have bunny company though and as long as I turn up regularly with noms I honestly don't think they mind not seeing so much of me.

My indoor buns get more fuss - but they definitely prefer bunny love:(

Hehe i don't freeze because i turn into a marshmelllow :lol: lots of coats ect. i take out heat packs for the buns sometimes and if they show no intrest i steal them wilst im out :oops: we have a shed though so its not as cold and the bunnys are fine. Wish i could have them inside but there is a newborn in our house and pets are banned :(:roll:

I am a very bad Bunny Mummy as I don't spend much time with my outdoor buns in the winter:oops: I feed them, clean them out and check they are OK but I don't put them on the grass and sunbathe with them like I do in the summer.

They all have bunny company though and as long as I turn up regularly with noms I honestly don't think they mind not seeing so much of me.

My indoor buns get more fuss - but they definitely prefer bunny love:(

This

My outdoor pair arent interested in hoomn interaction - only the food that the hoomin brings! :lol:

Back