• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another Hay question Sorry!

allie1904

Mama Doe
I got a bag of hay today just to tie us over until our delivery tomorrow..

and it is so so so dry? My normal timothy hay never feels this dry!

They have nibbled a bit and I'll see how they go with it.

How dry is hay mean't to be and how do you tell if it's good hay or not?

xxx

The Timothy Hay I get is quite dry, compared to the meadow hay I got yesterday. I've only ever used one type and that's the Western Timothy so I can't compare it to anything else I'm afraid.

photo_4_9_460x345.jpg

Well he seems to like it :) That's all that matters.

Awww I'm glad he's eating it :D I'm hoping Peanut has eaten some of hers after the nightmare I had getting the hay home!

The last bale of hay I got was horrible. Stringy and dry. Looks like it could be 5 years old! The buns weren't impressed either, eat very little, if any. Now I've got a whole bale left and nothing to do with it. The stuff you've got there that he's eating doesn't look too bad. If your bun will eat it, generally it's a good hay :)

I'll probably try them on the stuff tomorrow when I get it cos although they are eating it, it's not the best looking stuff. It was only £2 for a bag so not loosing an awful lot. The pet shop didn't look like it got lots of business so wouldn't suprise me if it had been there for 5 years! :roll:

Back