• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help Help Plz before i get killed by mom

shadow05

Mama Doe
scooter has decided once again that i does not like his litter tray and that he would prefer to pee everywhere else.

he keeps repeatably peeing on my moms carpet which now stinks and it is now stained a yellow colour does anybody hve an idea of wat i can use before she sees it.

i wud use white vinegar but we dont have any is there anything else i cud use that would clean it up a bit better.

have you tried things like washing up liquid or normal soap?

What colour is the carpet? Guessing not the dark one in your pic?

Unless the wee is fresh I think you will have difficulty getting rid of the stain I am afraid. Vinegar is what I always used, and it got rid of the smell but wasnt much help removing the stain.

kim and aggie say soda water is best for urine smells and stains but not many folk have that hanging about the house.. try soaking it up with water and kitchen towel first..:?

kim and aggie say soda water is best for urine smells and stains but not many folk have that hanging about the house.. try soaking it up with water and kitchen towel first..:?

okay then. we have bicrabonate of soda thats all :lol: will that do ive heard it works for some things.

Febreeze?

What about putting a cheap rug down in the area he likes to pee so that gets the brunt of it?

You do need to get rid of the smell, I think they are more likely to go where they have already peed.

ive amanaged to find an old rug that my moms dog pied on when she was little so its sort of ruined cause of the pee stain. would this be okay all it needs is a good hover.

Why don't you get some lino for his area, I got a 6x4 piece for less than £20.00 and I could have got it cheaper as a remnant (end of line) i think you could get something for around the £10 mark that would be wipe clean, regarding the stain you need to soak as much up as you can then work in circular movements with the stain, I'd use plain cold water initially then let it dry then use some vanish carpet cleaner mousse, cold water again and then hoover it - don't rub stains back and forth as it pushes the stain further down the pile of the carpet.:wave:

bicarbonate of soda mixed with laundry liquid/powder. Make a paste, rub it in, leave it on for a bit, then clean it off. Test it somewhere inconcspicuous first as sometimes it takes a bit of colour out of the carpet too!

Is he peeing all over it or several times in the same place?

You need to get the smell out before it becomes a habit to wee there. He'll also keep weeing there if he can smell it and their noses are much more sensitive so he will smell it even if you cant.

I would clean it as best as you can now, but vinegar is really the best thing for neutralising it so he doesnt go back.

Oh and pound shops often do packs of 4 adhesive lino tiles so it wouldnt be expensive to use these. They will haev to stick down onto the carpet but I'm sure you could get them off again if you needed to with paint thinner or vodka.

I think you should spill abit of water on the stain.
Use fairy liquid rub it on the patch in circler motions then leave it there for 20 minutes wipe down with a damp cloth.

I just use washing up liquid. the smell usually goes when you wash it away. What about stain remover? and as suggested above, febreeze? Rabbits like to eat when they are in the litter tray, Try putting some hay in the coner of it, it worked for me. Also put the litter tray where your rabbit keeps peeing lol. They have their own corners for doing their business and sounds like thats your rabbits place. Put the litter tray there with hay in it and he should use it no probs. Good Luck

I'm sure you could get them off again if you needed to with paint thinner or vodka.

Blimey what a waste of vodka!!:lol::lol:

i use rubber backed carpet runners in the house. 2 put side by side and then they can go in the washing machine.. easy and cheap! :)

Back