• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Proofing Garden/Big cheap enclosure

p_prod_uk

Mama Doe
Hi guys,

I've currently got a 6x8 shed and a 10x8 shed for the buns. I really would love them to free-range in garden (supervised) but we get a lot of cats around and it worries me. Plus the garden isn't secure at the moment coz of broken fences etc.

What's a cheap way of giving them the garden but making it safe?

I was thinking of some sort of structure that could be put up with chicken wire on top and mesh sides, but I'm not sure what a good plan would be?

Any suggestions or piccies of similar things?

:wave: i have 6ft fence posts surrounding the area we share with the buns and my cats. stapled to the posts is a 6ft high deer netting..its very strong plastic mesh used to deter deer. But at the buns level is plastic coated pet fence on a roll....so far has stood up to bunnies teefs:lol:

i had an extension to the top added last year. from screwfix i think i got metal straps...the guy i paid cut them in half and bent them at an angle for me then added to the tops of the fence posts...and added a layer of netting....almost like prison fence but not....

so far has kept other cats out and my cats in and the buns happy talking to the neighbourhood cats through the mesh but the cats cant swipe at them thorugh it either.

prob the cheapest way to do it in the long run...as we can sit in the garden or lay on a cushion with the buns....not duck into an aviary or run.
:oops::lol:

:wave: i have 6ft fence posts surrounding the area we share with the buns and my cats. stapled to the posts is a 6ft high deer netting..its very strong plastic mesh used to deter deer. But at the buns level is plastic coated pet fence on a roll....so far has stood up to bunnies teefs:lol:

i had an extension to the top added last year. from screwfix i think i got metal straps...the guy i paid cut them in half and bent them at an angle for me then added to the tops of the fence posts...and added a layer of netting....almost like prison fence but not....

so far has kept other cats out and my cats in and the buns happy talking to the neighbourhood cats through the mesh but the cats cant swipe at them thorugh it either.

prob the cheapest way to do it in the long run...as we can sit in the garden or lay on a cushion with the buns....not duck into an aviary or run.
:oops::lol:

Could I see a photo of this? Please :D

:lol: at kitty in the second last photo :lol:

Thanks for sharing that. I'd love to do something similar but my fences are lower and I think the neighbours might complain. Also my kittys would be peeved that they couldn't get out :lol:

Back