• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can I have some Vibes for Twix please? Stressful Weekend! u/d p36

NLENG2000

Mama Doe
When my OH went out to feed Twix and Star this morning, Twix was refusing food and was sitting scrunched up with his eyes half closed, most unlike him! I rushed him up to the vets as soon as they opened and they think he has a Gastrointestinal Dissection (twisted stomach) :cry:

I have left him there to have an Xray to confirm the diagnosis and then he will go straight into surgery. My poor little boy was in shock so the vet couldn't say what his chances of recovery are..

Any vibes you have spare can you send them our way please ...

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. Hopefully things aren't quite as bad as they seemed this morning. After I posted earlier I got a call from my vets to say they had looked at the xray and couldnt see evidence of the twisted stomach although that is not uncommon,but he definitiley had a bad case of bloat, so needed to be seen by a bunny expert asap. So I was asked then to go and pick him up and drive him to Solihull which is about a 30 min journey from Rugby where I live.

When I arrived at the vets in Solihull, they took Twix straight in to have a look at him, and they don't think his stomach is twisted, just that he has a very bad case of bloat. They are keeping him in for 24 hours at least to get some fluids and drugs into him and I am keeping my fingers crossed that he will be ok.

What normally causes Bloat? He hasn't ever had any tummy problems before, and he is about 3.5 years old? I just want to make sure its nothing we are doing wrong....

Sorry about the epic post!!

Last edited:
Just spoken to the vets again, and he is no better, in fact if anything his stomach is more bloated. Poor little man :cry: I am so worried ....

Oh Alison I am very sorry to read this, I have only just seen it. :( Sending you loads of vibes for poor little Twix.

Let me know if I can help with anything. Thinking of you and will keep sending vibes xx

I'm sorry to hear this. thoughts and hugs x
I have no idea what causes bloat I'm afraid but I hope he picks up soon.x

Thanks everyone. Twix is still not eating but is drinking for himself. He has had painkiller, is on a drip has had gut stimulant and infacol, plus they are lightly massaging and syringe feeding when appropriate. His Bloat gets better after the Infacol but then gets worse as the dose wears off.. he has a fight on his hands tonight :cry:

Has the Vet considered giving Buscopan ?
Buscopan has been a life saver for some cases of Bloat that I have seen.

Back