• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Really really unhappy and very mad.

Very very long story, but I'll cut it short...... I'm a rescue, over winter I had around 200 animals. I was kinda bullied by someone for them to take some of my girls. Around 30. Plus another 4 animals went to a rescue that they know. I spoke to the rescue and they said they would give them some TLC. They had come in, in a bad state. And with all the animals I thought it would take some presure off me. We spoke and they asked if I wanted them to re home them for me. I said no, I wanted them back.

I spoke to "someone" today, who informed me. 1 had died of a broken sholder. When I asked why I had not been told. I was told it's only just happened and they have not had time to tell you. How on earth did an animal break it's shoulder?
I was also told that 1 animal had already been adopted, and that another is due to go in a few day after a home check.

Why....................? They are not there animals, they do not have the right to rehome animals that do not belong to them. I was told a visitor saw 1 of my animals and fell in love with it.

what do you think?

I can understand why you are upset and why you feel the need to protect the animals that were in your care. All I can say is, if the rescue is a good one, and you must have felt at least some confidence in them if you were prepared to accept their offer of help, then isn't it a good thing that they have help you by rehoming a couple of the animals? Rehoming anything is so slow at the moment and its surely takes the burden of care off you? If they are open to visitors, and your animals are on show, then I can see how someone would come to fall in love with a particular one. If you had told them from the start that they weren't to rehome them, then that could be a different issue. I'd ask, why they were on show to the public.

As for the animal with the broken shoulder, it's very sad, but accidents do happen, I know, I've lost bunnies that way myself.

All the best

Jo

Can't say what rescue, I've had run in's with this rescue's sister rescue before. As they were a mod on another forum, I was the one that was banned.

I was offered, for the 4 of them to go to the rescue to try and build bridges. For them to show that rescues work together not against each other.

I told them not to re home them I wanted them back. It's like someone coming round and seeing one of my holiday boarders. I wouldn't rehome them as they are not my animal. These animals did not belong to the rescue, they had no right to show them to the public, or rehome them.

Back