• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lots of fur pulling, should I be worried?

Lillian

Warren Veteran
James and Beryl have been ripping each others fur out for about two weeks now :? I haven't seen them fighting and there doesn't seem to be any physical cuts or scabs but there's loads of fur :?

And no it's no moulted fur, it's been pulled out.

We have got a few couples chasing at the moment - spring fever :roll:

I was wondering if it was because Hatties girl were chasing each other the other day.

I'm just concerned the fur pulling might become more serious :? Hopefully they'll calm down soon.

Im puzzled.Could it be food aggression?? Youve not seen any aggression at all???

It's not food aggression, they seem to do it throughout the day as more fur keeps appearing :? I haven't seen them be aggressive towards each other at all.

If it's just humping I wouldn't be too concerned. Gasket used to hump Tappet and would hold on with his teeth to Tap's fur and pull clumps out. But it never escalated beyond that. Conversely Widget and Sprocket have had a couple of serious spats and the first one there was fur everywhere, like masses of fur. :shock: And bite wounds. But we haven't seperated them beyond the initial event, and they seem (fingers crossed) to have calmed down a bit lately.

We have got a few couples chasing at the moment - spring fever :roll:

One of my pairs is chasing like mad at the moment and there is fur EVERYWHERE!!! I keep checking and there is never any blood or scabs so I just let them get on with it.

Back