• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Hugo and other early bunnies

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Barn Yard Bunnies was asking about Hugo on another thread and I manged to find these 2 pictures of him on the computer. He was a very special boy and the reason we started Rainbow Rabbits :love:

Hugo-1.jpg

hugowithfood.jpg

This is Ralph and Ruby my first "adult" Bunnies

ralph.jpg

ruby.jpg

And this is Myfanwy, my first rescue bunny and house bunny. And who I loved to pieces and got me addicted to bunnies

miffyoncarpet.jpg

It was a play on the words - Who goes there, as Hugo was deaf, blind and brain damaged but could feel vibrations when we entered the room and would weave his head about, so we always said Hugo's there when we said hello to him :oops: :lol:

It was a play on the words - Who goes there, as Hugo was deaf, blind and brain damaged but could feel vibrations when we entered the room and would weave his head about, so we always said Hugo's there when we said hello to him :oops: :lol:

Ahhh I see - every time I see one of your posts I've wondered about your username and never got round to asking :roll: It's nice to know now. He sounds very special :love: How did he come to be with you?

Ahhh I see - every time I see one of your posts I've wondered about your username and never got round to asking :roll: It's nice to know now. He sounds very special :love: How did he come to be with you?

We were looking for a companion for another bunny and saw him on a free ad, he was advertised as blind nothing else. He was rescued by a breeder who took in a few rescue buns on the side, this was many years ago.

we had no idea how bad his problems were until we got him home. All he could do was walk round in circles. I just cried when I first watched him :( There was no way he could be bonded so he moved into our spare room and lived with us for 4 years :love:

We were looking for a companion for another bunny and saw him on a free ad, he was advertised as blind nothing else. He was rescued by a breeder who took in a few rescue buns on the side, this was many years ago.

we had no idea how bad his problems were until we got him home. All he could do was walk round in circles. I just cried when I first watched him :( There was no way he could be bonded so he moved into our spare room and lived with us for 4 years :love:

That's lovely :love: I hope he's somewhere where he knows how many other bunnies he indirectly helped.

Hugo was very special, and very handsome - what a legacy he has left! :love: The other early bunnies are gorgeous too.

Aaah, I always wondered about your user name too - I got the 'who goes there' play on words but didn't know the relevance. So nice to know the reason behind it. :)

Thanks

Thanks Hugos There. So pleased I found this post.

Awww what a special lovely boy. I just love that photo of him. He seems so happy and peacefully.

All your bunnies where beautiful. xx

Hugo was very special, and very handsome - what a legacy he has left! :love: The other early bunnies are gorgeous too.

I think Hugo features on the Super Timmy DVD :?

Miffy was the most amazing bunny :love: I only had here 10 weeks, she was elderly but if I knew then what I know now I am sure she would have been with me for longer.

She was such a character, when I got up in the morning to use the bathroom when I went back to my bed she would be inside it. I used to work split shifts and if I feel a sleep on the sofa she would jump on my face and lick my eyes until I opened them :roll: :lol: She honestly used to follow me every where round the house and garden like a little puppy :love:

Aaah, I always wondered about your user name too - I got the 'who goes there' play on words but didn't know the relevance. So nice to know the reason behind it. :)

Same here.
A very special bun...Thats some legacy hes left behind too.Hed be very proud.xxxx

You have had some wonderful bunnies Liz and still do. It is lovely that Hugo has made such an impact on you and many other bunny lives.:love:

Back