• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

who was your first ever bunny?

xx-snowball-xx

Wise Old Thumper
who was the first bunny you ever had?
and who was the first you ever loved properly and what did they do to make you love them?

my first ever bunny was a female bunny called bubble. she was lovely. i was only little though, so i didn't really look after her very well :oops: i was always forgetting to feed her and clean the cage out :shock::oops:
i was terribly sad when she had to be pts and spent a long time crying.she only made it to about 5 years old. she got cancer in her stomach :(

the first bunny i loved properly however, was snowball. we connected in the shop and even though i kept saying i had to think about it, i just knew he had to come home with me - so much so that i hadn't even reserved him yet and i was going past the shop twice a day to press my nose against the window and check he was ok.

and then i brought him home :love: and he is the best pet i have ever had. i love him and he loves me :love:

but what makes him more special, is how much he loves my son. even chrissy commented about it when she was here to see jay yesterday :) snowball follows my son around the house, it's sooo cute.

of a nighttime, i let lucas curl up on my bed and snowball will lie next to him and groom his hair :love:

so that is why snowball is the first bunny i have loved and why he will be here forever and ever and ever.

who is the first bunny you loved and what made you love them so much?
:)

Fidget on both counts......

....and ho wouldn't fall in love with that face :love:

CIMG2740.jpg

DSC00074.jpg

Bunny! (official name Ash). Had to be put to sleep at 3 years old due to chronic abcesses, was over 15 years ago.
4706529297_fb8eb95a18.jpg

Tilly was my first bun and I fell head over heels for her :love: She was loving, funny, stubborn, bossy and just my best friend :love:
Shes my angel bunny now :(

Aww :love:

Harvey was my first ever bunny, it was instant love when he was placed on my lap at a petting farm :love:

He was my 'baby' and i held him like one too :oops::oops: Til he got big :lol: But he always let me fuss him and give him kisses!

I miss him loads though :cry: He has been gone 2 years now :(

As a baby;

n671212399_1957478_4103994.jpg

3 years old and abit tubby :oops:

IMG_0894.jpg

But its because of Harvey that i opened my heart to Rescue buns and found my lovely girls :love: And i was able to give Toffee the correct care too!

Then came George, who i fell in love with when he came hopping up to me where he was born and licked me through the bars :love: :lol:

My first bunny was "Buster". He was a black dwarf lop and gorgeous :love::love: I bought him 13 years ago from Pets At Home (Think it was called something else at the time though)

The first bunny i loved properly was my Fiver :love: She was being sold in a petshop as a package. A 3 foot hutch , with rabbit for £45. She was being sold as a nethie but she wasnt she was a Xnethie. The man in the shop informed me that the hutch was worth £40 so i was basically getting her for a fiver - hence her name. Felt so sorry for her so bought her and threw out the hutch. She was a typical nethie - full of fun and mischief and a bit of a bossy boots. She would run over for nose and head rubs when we came in the room or walked past her little play run we had for her at the time. I loved her to pieces and was gutted when she passed away.

Fiver (dont have any photo's of Buster as at that time no digital camera)
Fiver.jpg

Eleanor, an 'Impulse Buy' from Petsmart (now P@H).

Scan10004.jpg

I went into the store to buy Dog Biscuits. I knew absolutely zilch about Rabbits........................

Charlie a French Lop The 3rd bunny in my sig.
He was only 2 years old when he passed away.
I curse that fox!!!!!!

I lived with my nan as a child and she took in agressive bunnies so although around them we didn;t have anything to do with them much so never call them my bunnies.

Blues my first proper bunny, would have had him two years in May. Went to a breeder :oops: Was told they had a black dutch and thats what I wanted but the son had some him and not written it down so when we got there the mum was confused.

She aksed if we wanted to hold any others whilst we were there, held some wriggly ones and then Blue, and that was it. The first thing he did was lick my ose when I went to kiss him, so that was it, he was comeing home with me.

he still give me nose licks everyday and started my mad craze for dutch's

sdc11622r.jpg

Alvin and Alvin :love:

i love his erm independance and hatred of humans but his love of mummy :lol: i know he only buzzes for food but i pretend to myself its me he loves :lol:

Pearl my angel was so very special and i have really struggled with her loss, 10 months on and i still cant watch videos of her :oops:, i call her my heart bunny but im not sure how much harder the loss of Alvin will hit me when that time comes.

i dont think i can pick out of the two who has the biggest slice of my heart :?

Ginger and Pickles were my first and so far only rabbits. I love them so much it hurts. Even though Ginger went to the bridge in October I still about him every day.

Bob, my earless bunny. I looked round all the bunnies at the rescue but as soon as I saw him I knew I had to take him home. He was so lovely, a really sweet boy and he lived in my room with me straight away :love:

As for bunnies that have stolen my heart completely, it has to be Piglet. She was just the most amazing bunny to own, missing her so much :(

My first ever bun was Benjamin. He was such a big character and the biggest escape artist! He once climbed 6 foot of chicken wire to get behind the shed!

Benjamin013.jpg

Benjamin and his wifey bun Audrey:

Benjamin006.jpg

And another of Audrey just cos she was gorgeous (but grumpy!!)

SL380079.jpg

Sorry for the huge pictures, I can either get them tiny or massive!!

my 1st ever bun was called ralphy, he went to live with my in laws as my family unit broke down and i was in a bad place (parents split and i was left with my dad). my mother in law was a star with him and he gave me a reason to get out as i went round there to clean out his hutch etc. he died at age 6, a fox got him.

now the 1st bun i loved has to be bella :love: i cant even put into words what she means to me. she has such a big personality, she can be a right madam dont get me wrong but she loves me and i love her right back. she adores my dog and has amazed me every day with how trusting she is. (i really had to work at it, took a few months but once you have a buns trust there is nothing like it)

jasper is an extension of my love for bella, he is like her twin soul. he balances her out and i adore him just as much but bella will always be 'that special bun' to me xx

my first rabbit was a giant white rabbit, called snowy, he truly was huge, I was 10, that rabbit used to get away with murder! he chewed mums carpets, wallpaper the lot, I think he thought he was a dog, we had german sheperds back then and would often snuggle up to them, and get in bed with us, he had the run of the house, a very pampered bun indeed.

out of my current bunnies I favour Bella, she had bloat a fortnight after i got her , I really thought i was going to lose her and stayed up for 2 nights nursing her.... shes an orange minilop and has the most beautiful chocolatey eyes....what can I say, Im smitten:love:

My first bun was a siamese sable nethie called Biffo. I got a book on dwarf rabbits in a library sale and fell in love with the colouring and nethie breed, so when my parents relented and let me get my first rabbit that's what I had my heart set on. So we went to a breeder to pick her out. She was a baby when we got her. Show stock and came with a breeders ring on her foot which we promptly had removed by the vet. I loved her with all my heart, she lived with an abysinnian guinea pig called Gizmo. But Biffo tragically died too young (I think she was only 2) in an accident which I have never been able to forgive myself for.

Beano to both questions :love: I don't know what made me love her, and it's a wonder I do love her so much at times the things she does! She's my lovely, lively, cheeky little bunny and I love everything about her! :love: (And of course Gordon too, so he's not left out!) x

Back