• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Am totally shaking

Minimallow

Wise Old Thumper
Went to put the bunnies back and saw them hopping all over next doors garden. The garden is normally totally bunnyproofed but i hadnt realised my hubby had moved one of the planks of wood covering a hole in the fence. He was meant to fix it properly but he totally forgot. Lucy i managed to grab quickly and pop her back in but Mose had got through a tiny gap in next doors fence and into the next garden (i know this one is fully enclosed) I got the neighbour to chase him back through so i could herd him back. Feel totally awful and wont be letting them out again until its nailed on so i know it can't be moved. When i was shouting on him and rustling the food bag he came towards me so that helped but i saw a cat scarper from the garden when it heard me so i was probably just in the nick of time. Hubby is still at the shops at the moment but he'll find a blubbering mess on his return :oops:

That must have been really scary hope you are feeling better now :no::no: naughty hubby!

If it makes you feel better I have 2 cats and my buns chase them off! The cats are so scared that one won't enter the same room as the buns and the other jumps furniture to avoid them :lol:

Awwww hun, I know exactly how you feel as Harper twice escaped from my garden which is also completely bunproof, a rabbit from the outside managed to dig under the wire fencing. I was in tears because no matter how hard I tried she wouldn't come back and she was unfazed by anything. first time I spent 8 hours trying to catch her and eventually she came back by herself. Second time took me 2 hours to catch her. I felt so guilty and awful and couldn't stop crying. My cats sat with her as they are all friends, I was hoping they would scare her back but I knew they wouldn't:roll:You must not blame yourself if there is a tiny hole bunnies will find it. The main thing is you have them back. Big hugs I know how scary it must of been for you xxx

Thank you. It really is frightening isn't it :shock: They both got a good telling off :lol: and so did hubby :oops::lol:
Sally that must have been awful taking 8 hours. Thankfully i know the garden at the end has no escape holes. I do feel guilty as i usually check the garden over first to make sure as im totally paranoid about it but of course the one time i dont :roll: I always think it m ust be the worst thing in the world to lose a bun and not know whats happened to them. Everything was going through my head at one - that i'd have to phone the radio, vets etc.
Also im so glad they were fairly easy to catch as its now dark and god knows how hard it would have been then.

Have calmed down a bit now - god knows what the neighbours thought as in my haste to go round and ask them to chase him back into the garden i had two odd shoes on :shock::oops:

oh nooo! how awful.. once my horse jumped :shock: out of his paddock :shock: i tell you i was a jibbering wreck!, glad yor buns are all okay xx

Have calmed down a bit now - god knows what the neighbours thought as in my haste to go round and ask them to chase him back into the garden i had two odd shoes on :shock::oops:

:lol::lol::lol: Isn't that standard footwear for us mad bunny ladies? :lol:

I'm so glad they didn't get up to any mischief and they're back safe and sound. :D

Back