• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Mystery of the Disappearing Food Bowl....

Blackberry & Co

Wise Old Thumper
So, Buttercup has a blue plastic food bowl, which is always left in the hutch part of his set up, but this morning it was nowhere to be seen.

I checked under the pile of hay that he'd spread around, behind the litter tray (which he'd turned over), downstairs - no, not at the bottom of the ramp, not on the floor anywhere, not under the pile of toys that he'd thrown around overnight...

I gave up looking, thinking that I must have taken it in the night before when I put them to bed, but it wasn't indoors either.

I went out later to do the cleaning out, and finally spotted the missing food bowl. He'd managed to move it into the box bedroom in the hutch, shove it under all the hay, and wedge it right up the side of the bedroom!

If you look at the pic below, the bowl was in the box behind the zebra cushion, (the pic is just to give an idea of position - I hadn't got my camera with me)

BunniesgardenandpaintingsFeb2011036.jpg

BunniesgardenandpaintingsFeb2011099.jpg

Buttercup must have been a very busy bunny last night :lol:

He is a funny little bunny, he is giving you something to do, those humans need to forage in the hay for their bowls.

:lol: it must be a day for it! I've just been to feed my friends bunnies and fir the life of me cannot find the pellet bowl which has been there for 3yrs!! Maybe it will reappear tomorrow morning! Don't you just wish you had a spy cam and video footage!

ps I'm craving crisps at the mo which I don't have to hand so I read the title as 'the mystery of the 'disappointing' food bowl!' :lol:

:lol: it must be a day for it! I've just been to feed my friends bunnies and fir the life of me cannot find the pellet bowl which has been there for 3yrs!! Maybe it will reappear tomorrow morning! Don't you just wish you had a spy cam and video footage!

ps I'm craving crisps at the mo which I don't have to hand so I read the title as 'the mystery of the 'disappointing' food bowl!' :lol:

Daisy has probably moved the food bowl to her girly bunker :lol:

yuri put her in the xbox box.........somehow... was looking for it for days then i gave her a piece of carrot and she jumped in the box and put the carrot in bowl lol

:lol: funny bunny!

I caught Beatrix doing something similar ages ago. She suddenly started pulling her food bowl with her teeth backwards (this was when I still fed them pellets) behind the armchair. She then came running up to me doing the meerkat pose asking for more food! I guess she thought by hiding the bowl I would think I hadn't already fed them and they'd extras!!:lol::lol:

:lol: funny bunny!

I caught Beatrix doing something similar ages ago. She suddenly started pulling her food bowl with her teeth backwards (this was when I still fed them pellets) behind the armchair. She then came running up to me doing the meerkat pose asking for more food! I guess she thought by hiding the bowl I would think I hadn't already fed them and they'd extras!!:lol::lol:

Clever bun!!! She know's ALL the tricks!! :lol:

Clever bunny indeed, Buttercup. :love: I find Spenser's foodbowls in odd places sometimes, eg. downstairs in the morning when I have put them upstairs (where he spends most time) at night. :roll:

Back