• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor old bunny.

Teasel just cost me this months worth of text books at the vets but as she is now looking a lot happier I will try and scab the books of other students instead. :)

Honestly thought when I found her this morning that was going to be it.

Did not think she was 100% yesterday but she is 9 and has always been grumpy and elderly rabbits like old people can have off days when they would prefer to snooze and choose fave foods; this morning she was anorexic, seriously withdrawn, hunched down, not using her low level litter tray and yipping if handled so called vet who agreed to see within 10 mintes after I called them.

One in depth check up and massive jab of steroids and anti/b's just in case anything rides in whilst her joints are flared up and she is creakly perking up on a snugglesafe and vet bed in a small 'nursing cage' in my kitchen on the floor. Pumpkin is livid as he can smell she has nice food in there he cannot get at and Teasel is slowly eating it in front of him like a Great Aunt who will not share the last cream cake.

Poor old girl it looks like the latest nasty artritis flare up has knocked the socks off her.
Have spoken to the vet about longer term pain relief options to improve her quality of life and to try to reduce the chances of another flare up as this one has really slammed her down.

Thankfully Teasel is a fighter. As long as she is enjoying life will pay for drugs to improve her quality of life.

The vet complimented me on her condition and weight maintenance considering how badly arthritis can affect her. Lets hear it for the hay and herbage diet with veggie treats. :rabbit2:

She survived being badly treated after she bit her previous child owner, beat myxi, a very nasty abcess on her face from fighting that took ages to heal even with the vets help, massive bled after Tilly kicked her into a wall and an op to sort out the cancer of her uterus. Hope this flare up joins that list.

Thanks folks- people think I am a bit mad for spending money on an elderly rabbits health care.

Back