• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moulting angora-

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
Jessica our angora/ lionhead is having a massive moult, she's 7 and her moults seem to be getting worse each time. Her hair is coming out in handfuls, and its really short underneath.

Why do people want these hairy bunnies, she doesn't particularly like being groomed ( wasn't done when young ) and it must be awful for her at this time of year because it mats so easily as it comes off.

Poor Jessica.

Can you trim her down with scissors? I did this for Grim one year when he was having trouble grooming himself. I find dog clippers too hard as their skin is quite loose. If I cuddle Grim he doesn't even notice I'm cutting him.

How about shaving her? I know it makes them look like gremlins but I think it might be what I have to do to mine when it gets to summer. Mine has hair coming out everywhere and I groom him twice a day (he hates it too, I have to bribe him with parsley and fenugreek crunchies to sit still long enough!! :roll:)

Back