• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Biscuit & Ginger's Home - 'The Setup'

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
I've been asked about their current setup, and it was easier to just make a new thread i could link to :)

So this is it!

During the day (6:30am ->5:00pm) they have the whole house, except part of the lounge, which we can't protect whilst not in the room. At 5pm when OH is at home with me and we are in the living room, the pen panels that seperate the lounge, comes down.

Their dog crate with 2 levels and the part of the lounge they are allowed
(~4ft x 4ft);

P1040173Small.jpg

The hallway by the door from a couple of angles;
from the front door:
P1040172Small.jpg

from the living room door:
P1040171Small.jpg

The stairs (inclusive of 2 carpet tiles and a fleece, to stop digging, and they flop on the fleece occasionally):
P1040170Small.jpg

The hallway upstairs: (door on left = bathroom, shut. door infront = bedroom, shut.)
P1040169Small.jpg

The space they get once the pen is taken down at 5pm:
P1040174Small.jpg

How we protected the TV area:
P1040175Small.jpg

Hope this helps to explain things.

Wow that looks great gray! Where did you get the large gate pieces? Must be a pain when you want to change xbox games :lol:

Wow that looks great gray! Where did you get the large gate pieces? Must be a pain when you want to change xbox games :lol:

Its just a cheap and nasty 'pen' from amazon. Its a 4x2 if setup in a rectangle, but it was purchased for one sole reason. To house Ginger in for 2 weeks before i did the bond. it was small, but she got ~2hours of free-range time a day, and only for a short time.

I just use 4 panels of the 6 it comes with, and it goes round the TV stand perfectly.

Re the xbox change, no problem, the panel infront of the xbox has the 'opening door' on it with a small latch so i just open it and change :lol:

The panels that seperate the lounge are Biscuits original pen that were around his 4ft hutch before i introduced him to the house :)

Its just a cheap and nasty 'pen' from amazon. Its a 4x2 if setup in a rectangle, but it was purchased for one sole reason. To house Ginger in for 2 weeks before i did the bond. it was small, but she got ~2hours of free-range time a day, and only for a short time.

I just use 4 panels of the 6 it comes with, and it goes round the TV stand perfectly.

Re the xbox change, no problem, the panel infront of the xbox has the 'opening door' on it with a small latch so i just open it and change :lol:

The panels that seperate the lounge are Biscuits original pen that were around his 4ft hutch before i introduced him to the house :)

It's the same thing I bunny proofed my room with and what I use to corner off Pooka's area. They're really handy :D

Looks like the same pen I am using to bond in!

Aren't your buns good. Toby Rabbit wrecked my hall by gnawing the plaster off at the corners & the wood work on the stairs. The walls have been replastered & the wood work rebuilt & now I use plastic corner lenghts ( from B&Q ) held on by blue tack to stop his nibbling.

Lovely set up. :) I'm very jealous at how lovely and clean your carpet is. Mine has loads of naughty bunny stains and dug up carpet in corners. Lucky I love them more than the carpet...:roll::)

Back