• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

stasis?

missFloppyears

Warren Veteran
Ok ruby has had her litter for 2weeks and 2 days and as theyre starting to wonder out of the nest. i have refrained from putting the run on the hutc, but know i want to know if she will be ok in the run as i have red if she goes on the grass she may get stasis, obviously i dont want that.....

Im no expert with bubba's, but the grass is alot richer this time of year, and because the baby's have never been on grass, you would need to introduce it slowly.
Little bits at a time. Even for mummy, even if she has been off the grass during the winter.

thats my worry is that i dont think ruby has spent more than 2 hours on the floor all her life,
when i got her she came in a tiny little hutch that she not long later gave birth in the same hutch....
so while building the new one i am hoping i can move her and babies to a much larger one soon...
with a constant run, but obviously if i need to introduce them first should i let them all out in the run for about 5-10 mins a day? and increase slowly?

I think you do need to be extremely cautious, plus the weather is freezing at the moment too....

thats my worry is that i dont think ruby has spent more than 2 hours on the floor all her life,
when i got her she came in a tiny little hutch that she not long later gave birth in the same hutch....
so while building the new one i am hoping i can move her and babies to a much larger one soon...
with a constant run, but obviously if i need to introduce them first should i let them all out in the run for about 5-10 mins a day? and increase slowly?

Actually, one members bun had runny poo from having a couple of stalks if i remember rightly...:?

will follow your advice C&N :love: really dont want to risk poorly bellies maybe ill just move them into the garden awning on the concrete?

until i know its safe?

Back