• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Very deep orange/red urine...

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
...but has eaten NOTHING unusual.

No carrot, no treats, just hay, herbs (parsley, coriander, thyme) and limited pellets (which i am slowly decreasing).

Theres NOTHING that could cause this colouring from her diet.

We have a vets visit tonight as it is, what else could it be? (i have something in mind, and wondered what others thought, but i wont say until someone else has).

Anyone?

Yes, on depocillin, not been outside for months.

I have noticed that some Rabbits do have very dark orange wee when on Depocillin. But given Ginger's CRF true haematuria should be ruled out so a Vet check with a urine specimen would be a good idea.

I have noticed that some Rabbits do have very dark orange wee when on Depocillin. But given Ginger's CRF true haematuria should be ruled out so a Vet check with a urine specimen would be a good idea.

Okay awesome. Was going to speak to vet about it tonight anyway, so just prepping myself with anything i should/may want to know :)

My concern is, shes been on depocillin now for over a month, and the orangey/red wee only started yesterday, lunchtimeish from what i can tell.

Thank you Jane :)

Aaah Ok just a thought..do they drink a lot? if not what Jane suggested maybe they're urine a little concentrated perhaps (just wild guesses Graham) :D

Has she been drinking as usual? Is it noticeably warmer where you are at the moment? Just wondering if she might be dehydrated :?
Id be concerned about her kidney issues too so def worth a vet visit.
Loads of vibes xxxxxxxxxxx

Has she been drinking as usual? Is it noticeably warmer where you are at the moment? Just wondering if she might be dehydrated :?
Id be concerned about her kidney issues too so def worth a vet visit.
Loads of vibes xxxxxxxxxxx

She drinks like a fish Gemma, her kidney issues are currently at (and bare with me) pyrourethis and pyro something else meaning she drinks mroe and pees more.

No change in temp. Just hope its not blood from somewhere or other :/

She drinks like a fish Gemma, her kidney issues are currently at (and bare with me) pyrourethis and pyro something else meaning she drinks mroe and pees more.

No change in temp. Just hope its not blood from somewhere or other :/

Eek yeh maybe. When I had a UTI I had very orange wee which was blood particles :shock: Could she maybe have a secondary infection?
Try not to worry yet hun. Remember what Jane said about the depocillin, shes usually right about these things :lol: And the fact that Gingers showing no other symptoms is a great sign :love:

Any luck at the vets yet? Have you considered stress? My buns wee sometimes ranges from shades of orange to almost red when they have had something stressful happen.
I think I read on RU about it being caused by stress also. I'll look that up and see what I can find.
Hope everything is o.k:)

Sorry I know this is an old thread but I gave my buns some Parsley today and it caused Orange wee in both sets of buns. :?

Back