• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

indoor rabbit cage/hutch suggestions

kk_kayla

Mama Doe
im looking at buying a proper indoor cage as im having to move the rabbits out of the spare room. so i need something big enough to go in my lounge or hallway....it cant be to massive as at the minute i have a 2 storey pets at home hutch and i need something that will save space. (and be smaller than this hutch)

let me just mention the rabbits will get to run around in the lounge during the day and also when it gets warmer will be able to go outside.

any suggestions would be great :)

thankyou x

A dog crate, and build yourself a 2nd level.

Great value for space as far as im concerned. a 48" dog crate will cost ~£40. The supplies to make a second level, ~£20.

JD :D

A dog crate, and build yourself a 2nd level.

Great value for space as far as im concerned. a 48" dog crate will cost ~£40. The supplies to make a second level, ~£20.

JD :D

i have an xl dog crate and to be honest it wouldnt fit in my hall....and im not sure i can fit it in the lounge to be honest......that would be an option if we everntually get a conservatory...but untill then i think a dog crate is slightly to big

i have an xl dog crate and to be honest it wouldnt fit in my hall....and im not sure i can fit it in the lounge to be honest......that would be an option if we everntually get a conservatory...but untill then i think a dog crate is slightly to big

Anything smaller than that, would be much too small in my opinion for ANY rabbit, let alone 2 or more. Especially if you are going to lock them away at night.

What size space do you have for this?

Anything smaller than that, would be much too small in my opinion for ANY rabbit, let alone 2 or more. Especially if you are going to lock them away at night.

What size space do you have for this?

im not to sure yet...have to rearrange the lounge....but limit space to be honest...i think once i have my daughters room sorted and most of her toys up there then i will prob have more space....what about this cage?
http://www.indoorrabbitcages.org.uk/indoor-rabbit-cages-large-xxl-100cm-frankie-hutch-pan/

this way i have a place to put all their food aswell

I've got a 6ft by 2ft puppy pen, it's 91 cm in height and one of the panels has a door. It was £30. They are only in there for 7 hours over night though and it's still not ideal.

Have you got any measurements for the space you have avaliable?

xx

That cage is less than 3 foot long and less than 2 foot wide :?

Also, he wouldn't be able to get in and out unless you helped him xx

I've got a 6ft by 2ft puppy pen, it's 91 cm in height and one of the panels has a door. It was £30. They are only in there for 7 hours over night though and it's still not ideal.

Have you got any measurements for the space you have avaliable?

xx

not yet unfortunatly its so annoying my house is just soooo bloooming small!!!

im not to sure yet...have to rearrange the lounge....but limit space to be honest...i think once i have my daughters room sorted and most of her toys up there then i will prob have more space....what about this cage?
http://www.indoorrabbitcages.org.uk/indoor-rabbit-cages-large-xxl-100cm-frankie-hutch-pan/

this way i have a place to put all their food aswell

:?

Thats TINY. 100cm long is 1m. Thats 3.2ft. x 1.73 ft.

How many rabbits were you planning to keep in there????

Is there no way he could free range in one room? like the living room and just bunny proof it?
xx

with a 2 year old no way!!

my 2 year old constantly wants to pick the rabbits up and shes always running around like crazy...so to avoid injury to the rabbits they will not be able to be out all the time

with a 2 year old no way!!

my 2 year old constantly wants to pick the rabbits up and shes always running around like crazy...so to avoid injury to the rabbits they will not be able to be out all the time

Oh dear! What about the kitchen? Put a baby gate on the door to keep bunnies in and kiddies out? xx

How many rabbits do you have? 2? I would say that would be an ok size for one rabbit that was allowed to free range for quite a lot of the time too, but the trolley idea is silly, why would you not just carry the cage if you needed to move it :? I wouldnt think the bunny would enjoy being around all the time anyway and definatley couldnt get in and out, so either no free ranging or wee wees everywhere. Its actually about the same size as what I have Barney in at the moment, but he is on the floor and free ranges more of the time when we are in but I do intend to get him his own hutch outside when he is better :)

i can understand how difficult it is to free-range them chick

i'm constantly stressed because whilst jay is here he is free range. have had to put chains on all my doors so my son can't get to him.

it's a total nightmare - am suddenly remembering why i stopped snowball from being a free range bun and bought him a pen ;)

Forget weather it is to small or whatever. If you can't keep a 2 year old away from the rabbit in the hall way, how are you planning on stopping the 2 year old from playing with that cage?

I would say the cage is more dangerous than the rabbit being able to run away from the child.

I have two kids and I know a toddler and anything up high or on wheals is a no-no.

Couldn't you just use a stair gate on the doors?

Forget weather it is to small or whatever. If you can't keep a 2 year old away from the rabbit in the hall way, how are you planning on stopping the 2 year old from playing with that cage?

I would say the cage is more dangerous than the rabbit being able to run away from the child.

I have two kids and I know a toddler and anything up high or on wheals is a no-no.

Couldn't you just use a stair gate on the doors?

stair gates don't always keep bunnys in / out though.

i lost jay the other day, i was panicking because i took the hall apart and the living room and he was nowhere.
went to make a cup of tea and the beggar was in the kitchen - he had squeezed through the bars :lol:

don't always keep kids out either. my son is smart. i caught him with a chair the other day pushed up trying to climb the baby gate coz he could see bananas in the kitchen.

it would be best to just put a baby gate up like people have suggested. a 2 year old can't get over a baby hate. is there anyway that rooms line up so, for instance, since you say the kitchen is small, that they could have free range of the kitchen and dining room or something like that?

Back