• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Enya Nearly Died Yesterday And it Was MY Fault :-(

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
She chewed A LOT of the plastic from this green hide-away that I had put in her and Patrick's enclosure.

015-27.jpg

She must have ingested a huge amount and consequently developed a partial GI obstruction. She has been sooooooooo ill :cry: I totally blame myself.

Enya is not out of the woods yet, but she has improved a little after intensive treatment over the last 24 hours.

I am now very reluctant to leave anything but 100% 'natural' things in my Rabbit's environment. I wont even give them cardboard tubes and boxes now, it is just not worth the risk.

don't blame yourself! so many things these little critters chew and if they are made for buns we assume they are safe.

get well vibes for enya (pretty name) and hope you are ok as well.

i have a wooden hideaway with a little ramp up to it which mine don't use if you want it? (it's in their run but they just chew it) i am more than happy to pay postage for it to be sent.

Oh that must be horrible for you :( I really hope she pulls through. You weren't to know she'd EAT the plastic though, don't blame yourself. Good luck Enya.

I hope she's ok!! Please dont blam yourself - you werent to know she'd do that!

lots of vibes for her :love: fingers crossed that everyhting moves through ok.
they just have a knack of eating things that they shouldn't - don't be too hard on yourself.

It is so difficult to know what to do for the best when it comes to buns and toys. I have always been nervous about cardboard and only use toilet tubes with hay in as they tend to eat the hay and leave the tube.

But only last week Hedgehog started choking on an apple twig he was chewing on. Thankfully i was there and able to help him. Bunnies are such a worry!

Oh no!!! :( I really hope she regains full health soon!

And don't blame yourself, we never know what buns will take a liking too. I have to keep any paper or cardboard away from Pie as she just eats it constantly otherwise.
Just don't blame yourself. Can you not give it a scrub and put it in with another bun that doesn't chew plastic?

Poor Enya! Hope she is fully recovered soon.

Bunnies just seem to enjoy chewing everything - Dandelion rather enjoys chewing my jeans and trainers whilst I'm cleaning out at the moment :roll:

Oh Jane, I'm sorry to hear that. It's not your fault though, bunns just manage to find these things. Mischa used to chew loads off his corner litter tray when he was younger. Looking back I have no idea how he didn't get an obstruction!

Poor Enya!
And like everyone has already said, bunnies do chew through every thing, so dont blame yourself hun.
Lots of get well soon vibes for Enya..
xx

Sending Enya lots of healing tummy vibes x

(((hugs))) to you, Jane. Please don't keep blaming yourself. You weren't to know. xx

Back