• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

No room is safe!

tiger_lily

Mama Doe
I have just watched Oscar open the hallway door 3 times now! It doesn't shut into the frame properly, so he grabs the corner with his teeth and pulls it open :shock: :lol:
Last time he was upstairs when he wasn't supposed to the bedroom doors were open and he ate a lot of books/papers/pillows :roll:

This is why i now dont have the upstairs of our house blocked off anymore.

It's now all bunny home! :D

I have just watched Oscar open the hallway door 3 times now! It doesn't shut into the frame properly, so he grabs the corner with his teeth and pulls it open :shock: :lol:
Last time he was upstairs when he wasn't supposed to the bedroom doors were open and he ate a lot of books/papers/pillows :roll:
Bunsk does this too!

Even if he doesn't want to go out, he opens it and sits looking at us waiting for us to come and shut it and tell him off :lol::lol:

Bunsk does this too!

Even if he doesn't want to go out, he opens it and sits looking at us waiting for us to come and shut it and tell him off :lol::lol:

:lol: I've left it open now (after shutting the bedroom doors) and I can just hear him charging up and down the stairs, little elephant :lol::lol:

This is why i now dont have the upstairs of our house blocked off anymore.

It's now all bunny home! :D

How do you do it gray? I find myself constantly cleaning up poo and wee, whilst being very wary of wires if I let them have free reign of the house :(

I have to really slam our bedroom door for it to shut properly so tend to leave it open and make sure everything is away. I leave toilet roll tubes under the bed for them to nom on. I find that they drag my socks and undies under the bed :oops:

How do you do it gray? I find myself constantly cleaning up poo and wee, whilst being very wary of wires if I let them have free reign of the house :(

I'm wondering this too! Every new room Oscar goes in he finds a corner to pee in (much to the dismay of the OH)

Bunsk has free run usually and only ever poops/wees in his tray :D

I have to really slam our bedroom door for it to shut properly so tend to leave it open and make sure everything is away. I leave toilet roll tubes under the bed for them to nom on. I find that they drag my socks and undies under the bed :oops:

:lol::lol::lol:

I'm wondering this too! Every new room Oscar goes in he finds a corner to pee in (much to the dismay of the OH)

:lol::lol:
We have one litter tray in the bedroom in his crate and one downstairs in the living room.

I clean up poops. I dont mind them going everwhere and its only EVER Ginger who drops them. She's extremely territorial.

She has NEVER weed up here.

I have all the doors, except my office closed upstairs, so the bathroom and bedroom are off limits, and have a pen panel blocking off the doorway to stop them coming in. (MY office is non-safe - 2 computers, and too many cables, plus the ironing pile :lol:)

I have downstairs pretty bunny proofed. They dont have the whole lounge while im not down there, but a penned off area.

In the evenings, they have the whole living room, plus the stairs, plus the hallway up here.

Stairs are left open due to Ginger's back end weakness, to keep her working hard.

However, going to have to try and lock it down on a 'quiet' day for Ginger (when her anaemia means shes very tired) as she really struggles.

I can do pictures if it helps of how ive proofed the house so far, if anyone cares? :)

I clean up poops. I dont mind them going everwhere and its only EVER Ginger who drops them. She's extremely territorial.

She has NEVER weed up here.

I have all the doors, except my office closed upstairs, so the bathroom and bedroom are off limits, and have a pen panel blocking off the doorway to stop them coming in. (MY office is non-safe - 2 computers, and too many cables, plus the ironing pile :lol:)

I have downstairs pretty bunny proofed. They dont have the whole lounge while im not down there, but a penned off area.

In the evenings, they have the whole living room, plus the stairs, plus the hallway up here.

Stairs are left open due to Ginger's back end weakness, to keep her working hard.

However, going to have to try and lock it down on a 'quiet' day for Ginger (when her anaemia means shes very tired) as she really struggles.

I can do pictures if it helps of how ive proofed the house so far, if anyone cares? :)

Oh, pictures would be good thanks :)

I think I count myself quite lucky then my boys don't wee or poop anywhere apart from the tray. Even if they ar upstairs they'll come down for a wee and poop. I've never found a dropping upstairs and they never wee on my bed :D

The only door I shut is the bath room, as there are too many chemicals in there that I don't want them around. They are allowed in the office when OH is in there. They are allowed in the kitchen but I've never seen them in there, I think it's too open for their liking.

xx

Ahh it could just be because he isnt neutered yet! I wouldnt worry too much

I thought as such, will find out after tomorrow!

Oscar has access to the living room at all times, and if we are in the dining room too, and upstairs if the bedroom doors are shut (but we need to leave them open a lot at the moment to ventilate because we have a bit of a mould problem :oops:)

Last night I accidentally left the top of Roo's cage open, only for about half an hour. He's in my spare room as I'm waiting for him and Peanut to be bonded, I'm still in the middle of house training him so not sure if it's safe to leave him unsupervised at the moment. When I went back in to see him, he was sat in front of his cage, not in it, gave me a real shock! :lol: Bless him though, he hadn't done anything naughty, not that I could see anyway. Mummy was very proud of him and promptly gave him a treat :D

Back