• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Short Questionnaire (for uni)

Hi everyone, I'm studying Animal Management at uni and we have an assignment to carry out some research. I've chosen rabbits and it would really help me if you could answer these four questions! :) Thank you!

"A binky is when a rabbit jumps into the air, often twisting and flicking its feet and head"

1.) Do you believe a binky to be a positive expression in rabbits?

2.) Have you seen your rabbit(s) binky?

3.) Do you think accomodation size is linked with this expression?

4.) Do you think it's a normal or abnormal behaviour?

Answers below;

Hi everyone, I'm studying Animal Management at uni and we have an assignment to carry out some research. I've chosen rabbits and it would really help me if you could answer these four questions! :) Thank you!

"A binky is when a rabbit jumps into the air, often twisting and flicking its feet and head"

1.) Do you believe a binky to be a positive expression in rabbits? Hell Yes

2.) Have you seen your rabbit(s) binky? Yep, loads

3.) Do you think accomodation size is linked with this expression? Not solely, no, but as part of a healthy environment, yes.

4.) Do you think it's a normal or abnormal behaviour? Yes, totally normal and happy to see them always

1.) Do you believe a binky to be a positive expression in rabbits? Yes

2.) Have you seen your rabbit(s) binky? Yes :)

3.) Do you think accomodation size is linked with this expression? Partly, but there are other factors too

4.) Do you think it's a normal or abnormal behaviour? Completely normal and wonderful to see
:wave:

Responses:

1.) Do you believe a binky to be a positive expression in rabbits?Yes, definitely

2.) Have you seen your rabbit(s) binky? Yes

3.) Do you think accomodation size is linked with this expression? Yes

4.) Do you think it's a normal or abnormal behaviour? Normal, I have seen wild rabbits binky[/QUOTE]

Yes

Yes

Yes

Totally normal

Hope this helps. We loves Binkies :love:

Yes deffinatly!

yes :love:

to some extent, I never saw Sebastian binky in his old 3 foot cage (before I knew better) possibly due to lack of room but also because he was bored and frustrated. Scince moving into a bigger hutch and run its binkies gallore!

normal :)

As below! :wave:

Yes!

Yes

Yes, in different ways. If it's small, rabbits binky if they come out of it into a run or free ranging, or if it's nice and large they binky in it.

Normal and an expression of space and happiness with being in space

3.) Do you think accomodation size is linked with this expression? Sort of, needs to be high enough to binky in, often going from a small area into a bigger one will cause binkies

4.) Do you think it's a normal or abnormal behaviour? perfectly normal.

4.) Do you think it's a normal or abnormal behaviour? Normal

Hope this helps

1) yes
2)yes
3) find bunnies that are used to free range over the whole garden from dawn to dusk binky less frequently than visiting bunnies who have been used to less garden space. I think this is because the bunnies used to the large space get complacent, knowing they can binky any time they want- they still do- but don't go so mad at binkying.
Springtime seems when all bunnies binky more. I have found older bunnies tend to do what I call half binkies- (much like when you see an old man kick his legs together at his side). Younger bunnies often do multiple binkies one after the other.
While some bunnies binky from a standing jump others seem to like a good run at it- (I guess some are more athletic than others!)- and for the latter they need a good space to do so.
I don't think hutch accommodation is relevant as (unless its like an aviary/huge shed) no bunny can binky in an ordinary 6ft x 2ft x 2ft hutch- there simply isn't the height. Most runs don't have sufficient height either. It's more to do with sufficient height IMO.( I think you would need another thread for binkying heights;):lol::lol:)
4) yes

sue:wave:

3.) Do you think accomodation size is linked with this expression? Sometimes

1.) Do you believe a binky to be a positive expression in rabbits? Yes :D

Normal

3.) Do you think accomodation size is linked with this expression? Yes more space = more binkies bigger space = potential different style of binky eg the take off at speed clean air binky :D

4.) Do you think it's a normal or abnormal behaviour? Completely normal! one RU member caught a wildie binkying on a photo!

2.) Have you seen your rabbit(s) binky? Yes, daily

3.) Do you think accomodation size is linked with this expression? Yes. Rabbits cant binky in small spaces.

Done

Yes

Yes

Yes and no. I think there are other 'happiness' factors but it's also relative to what the bun is used to. For instance I have fostered many bunnies who will happily binky in a 6ft hutch or when given some exercise in a small 6*4 run (so maybe this links back to happiness - for them it is much better and they are much happier than previously). But my own bunnies, whose normal accommodation that they are used to is larger than this, would not binky in that space.

Normal :)

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Normal

Yes

Yes

Not really. My rabbits do it when they are playing on the grass. They have free run of the house but don't usually do it inside.

Normal.

Back