• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Has anybody heard of "Ryan Rabbit Rescue" in Coventry?

I'm not sure what they want the rabbits for but just seen their ad...and how many rescues are appealing for people to .....please get in touch and bring us your rabbits as we have so many people wanting them and not enough to sell..... ?

Do you think it would be appropriate to put a warning "ad" on gumtree after these people advertising to take them just telling people to be careful?

I wrote this:

PLEASE BEWARE of people offering to take small furries for free

If you need to give up your rabbit, guinea pig or hamster, please either rehome through a rescue or include a fee to be paid by the person who wants to take them from you.

People on gumtree who are offering to take pets for free are often part of the meat trade, or worse, own reptiles who need to be fed live prey and want a couple of free meals for them.

Please be careful when people like this offer to pick up animals from your house (rather than have you go to theirs to check their home) as you do not know the conditions that your pet will be kept in.

Please email me through Gumtree if you have any questions about where you can rehome your small pet.

I wrote this:

PLEASE BEWARE of people offering to take small furries for free

If you need to give up your rabbit, guinea pig or hamster, please either rehome through a rescue or include a fee to be paid by the person who wants to take them from you.

People on gumtree who are offering to take pets for free are often part of the meat trade, or worse, own reptiles who need to be fed live prey and want a couple of free meals for them.

Please be careful when people like this offer to pick up animals from your house (rather than have you go to theirs to check their home) as you do not know the conditions that your pet will be kept in.

Please email me through Gumtree if you have any questions about where you can rehome your small pet.

Sounds very good. It's scary that there is people like that so willing to take advantage of people rehoming their pets :evil:

Another flipping ad which makes me cringe...

NEED TO SWAP MY PET FOR YOURS

I have 2 yellow bellied terrapins which are approx 1 year old.
My son is at the age where he wants to handle his pets now, but the terrapins are too fast moving and he's a bit nervous around them (despite loving them when we go them in the pet shop).

Ideally i would like to swap the 2 terrapins, including their tank and pump for something a little more child friendly...for example a budgie, hamster, rabbit or something similar.

Failing a swap, i am willing to sell the terrapins for £40ono so that i can then buy my son something he would like and can handle.

He can't even spell or punctuate properly! And he doesn't take donations?

WHAT?????

Not every one can spell or punctuate, that does not make us any less of a person.

I run a rescue and don't ask for money donations (when an animal comes in) I don't want to encorage dumping animals, if people really can't afford to hand over money. I do however ask for hay, food and toys ect. That said I would beware of this person. I couldn't find a website, just the gum tree add. Things didn't sit right. If I lived nearer I would go and investergate..........

Is it possible to report them to anyone. I.e. rspca or council? Or are they not breaking any laws?

Not every one can spell or punctuate, that does not make us any less of a person. .

I never said it did... But, when putting up a website spelling and punctuation should be considered a priority. If the spelling/punctuation is as horrendous as his website is, it is pretty difficult to trust.

"Thanks for your recent Gumtree ad "PLEASE BEWARE of people offering to take small furries for free" posted in "Coventry hamsters, gerbils, mice and rats for sale". Unfortunately we have had to remove your ad because this section of Gumtree is not a chat room."

:roll::roll::roll:

Back