• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spring Fever? PLEASE HELP! Anyone?

allie1904

Mama Doe
Does this bring out the 'need to spread the seed' even in neutered boys?

Snoopy has been constantly sniffing Smudges bum, and Smudge is getting annoyed and then running off and then snoopy is following..

They kept me awake all night last night (if you've seen other thread) so was planning on a good sleep tonight but it doesn't look like it.

They have been bonded since we got them and have been neutered for months! :?

Snoopy you have no plums you can't spread your seed!

ETA - Just tried putting them to bed and they wont go! Snoopy is just chasing him around the run ans smudge is getting upset.

What can I do?

Last edited:
Hi ya, there have been a few threads on this over the last month or two. Spring fever is to do with the changing light levels after the longest night in December so a lot of us have been experiencing increasing levels of this recently.

Mine were at their worst about a month ago I would say - the girls do it as much as the boys - and I believe is less about hormones and more about it just generally upsetting them a bit and bringing out their dominant streak.

Starbuck has been humping Muesli but as long as there is no actual fighting and its not incessant it should settle down. Its hard to ignore but we tend to just let them get on with it.

If its stressing the other bunny out and not stopping I dont know what to suggest, but otherwise I would just say leave them to it - so long as they are both neutered and dont look like any fights are going to breakout.

I'm sat waiting to see what someone can advise.

May just have to let them free range over night and let my skirting boards take a bashing.

They are sat nomming on their veg now happy as hell under the sofa.

Think snoopy has claimed the night time run as his own :(

Hi ya, there have been a few threads on this over the last month or two. Spring fever is to do with the changing light levels after the longest night in December so a lot of us have been experiencing increasing levels of this recently.

Mine were at their worst about a month ago I would say - the girls do it as much as the boys - and I believe is less about hormones and more about it just generally upsetting them a bit and bringing out their dominant streak.

Starbuck has been humping Muesli but as long as there is no actual fighting and its not incessant it should settle down. Its hard to ignore but we tend to just let them get on with it.

If its stressing the other bunny out and not stopping I dont know what to suggest, but otherwise I would just say leave them to it - so long as they are both neutered and dont look like any fights are going to breakout.

:wave:

There's not fur pulling so far but just lots and lots of chasing. Smudge is a very timid bun and he's a snuffle bun so he really doesn't like it at all. Not sure whether the stress is good for him.

Thanks for explaining to me! :wave:

:wave:

There's not fur pulling so far but just lots and lots of chasing. Smudge is a very timid bun and he's a snuffle bun so he really doesn't like it at all. Not sure whether the stress is good for him.

Thanks for explaining to me! :wave:

Thats ok - someone had to explain it to me. If you want to find out more, you could try doing a search on here as I know there were a couple of threads on it - might show up a bit more info.

Hopefully it will settle down soon. Its not nice to see but they should sort themselves out so long as there is no fighting.

If still having problems post again as someone might be able to give you more info tomorrow. :wave:

We've put them back in and smudge is just huddled up in a ball and so far so good. Do i try and get to bed? :roll:

Back