• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Digging in litter tray!

LucyB

Warren Scout
Arrggh! Is anyone else experiencing this... and if so how can I stop it?

Russell has starting digging up his litter tray and I wouldn't mind but I'm literally clearing it up every 10 mins and putting fresh litter in because he's chucking it out he ends up standing on the wet stuff at the bottom and I'm worried it's not good for him to have urine on his feet!

I'm going through litter like no-one's business and aside from the mess issues, it's expensive! I tried putting hay ontop but he's just pulled that out too...

Any help appreciated!! x

oh oh! Another naughty bun! :roll: Have you tried longer hay- like the stuff that comes in bales? If it's not chopped up a lot it might be more difficult to dig up. I dunno if Gray tried that though...

I only have long hay - my dad's a farmer so I just nick it from bales when I go to visit!

It's definately easier to pick back up as he tends to throw it out in one lump when it's long but not making things any better... gerrr!

B does that though not much comes out of tray as have such a deep pan.She jumps in,digs,jumps out,looks at me & so on & so on!!!Its an attention seeking game to her!:D

Oddly Biccy started again today lokolololol

And yes we've tried lots of different hays lol.

That thread is immense now!

Back