• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feeling sad and angry..

Hotrod_2008

Alpha Buck
I have contacted the RSPCA several times about this lady who calls herself a rescue, well i mean a 3 ft hutch to per bunny not matter the breed small or large. No clean water (if any at all) and not much food, No hay and no toys. To top it off she is breeding from rescue rabbits!! She doesnt even use a vet.

Please can anyone offer me and advise on who to contact next?? I hope this thread isnt closed i would just like some advise on who can help.

I think she is a owner. I have already taken two off her that Demons soul took in (Millie n Treacle) But she isnt letting me take more. She has roughly 30 bunnies + appox 4 pregnant or had a little of 5 - 6. Im really upset that i cannot do anything. The smell is nasty. And she is still advertising to take in more rabbits!!

If she calls herself a rescue...would it be at all possible for some RU's who are not too far away to be interested customers who want to adopt a bunny & then can go & see the set ups...then report her? Its sounds aweful...and I know my suggestion is abit out of order...but if the RSPCA are not doing the right thing then more reports need to be given for action to be taken...:?

I have tried the Coucil but no luck yet. All the bunnies are kept in a garage with one light!! No natural light! I just looked on the website where she is advertising and she is still on there AAAHHH :censored:

Try again with the council. I know someone who was breeding rats in fantastic conditions for heath and temperament (there isn't the ethical stuff to consider with rats as even though there are some in rescue the situation is not as dire as rabbits). Anyway, she was reported to the council for breeding and they demanded she paid thousands for a pet shop licence. She only got out of it by proving she was breeding for showing (rats react much better to this than rabbits by the way) and basically selling the "rejects" even though she didn't see it that way.

registering now so i can comment :D

it's a fairly new article, so she will still be checking.
the davina replying at the bottom is her.

edit, this is what i wrote.
it was more spaced out, but the stupid comment thing squashed it all up :s
hi there whilst i think it is a very noble thing for you to want to rescue rabbits, one thing i notice is that the hutches seem very small. the RWAF standards state that a pair of rabbits need a Minimum hutch size of 6 x 2 x 2 with a permenantly attached run of 8 x 4 http:www.rabbitwelfare.co.ukahutchisnotenough.htm this link will give you a bit of advice on the sizes needed. im sure that now i have raised your attention to this matter, you will work quickly to begin to remedy this and improve the living conditions of your rescue bunnys. regards

Last edited:
registering now so i can comment :D

it's a fairly new article, so she will still be checking.
the davina replying at the bottom is her.

edit, this is what i wrote.
it was more spaced out, but the stupid comment thing squashed it all up :s

Thats great thank you. Has she replied? I really need the council or someone to go there and have a look :cry:

Thats great thank you. Has she replied? I really need the council or someone to go there and have a look :cry:

no, she hasn't replied.
last time she commented was 2 days ago, so am sure she will still be checking and will reply soon!
im pleased i managed to be polite to her :D
i find it hard to be polite at times :oops:

i hope you manage to get it sorted soon, those poor bunnys must be so sad :( i have no idea what to suggest.
is there any way to get the police in, maybe even on a seperate matter like noise violation or something similar? sometimes when the police come out, they see animals and get the rspca involved - an rspca complaint holds more weight from the police.

no, she hasn't replied.
last time she commented was 2 days ago, so am sure she will still be checking and will reply soon!
im pleased i managed to be polite to her :D
i find it hard to be polite at times :oops:

i hope you manage to get it sorted soon, those poor bunnys must be so sad :( i have no idea what to suggest.
is there any way to get the police in, maybe even on a seperate matter like noise violation or something similar? sometimes when the police come out, they see animals and get the rspca involved - an rspca complaint holds more weight from the police.

I dont live near her to complain :cry: I only no of this as someone gave me a bunny and i saw her add. I went along and saw rabbits in 3 ft hutches in a small garage light with 1 light. Some had no water and no food. none of them had hay! She said she has appox 5 pregnant. Then she got out a 5 week old one with poo stuck to his bottom :cry: I brought the rabbit i went with home and i re homed him. I am going to call the RSPCA again tomorrow so hopefully

Back