• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dust Free Hay Bales

Amy104

Warren Veteran
Anyone bought these before?

What are they like? Are they a good size/quality?

I've ordered one to try Bluebell on it again. Hopefully it will be better for him.

I've ordered one of each before. Too small for us I'm afraid. We'd use one bale a day. :shock: Nice hay but sometimes the bales I get are better, though obviously a bit dusty but I can sort this by shaking it outside for a bit.

From The Dust Free Hay Website. Its the large two string bale. Bit pricy when I can get hay by the bale for £5 here but I'm desperate to make him more comfortable. I'm thinking If I just use it for Bluebell and Willow as they are bonded I could use the normal bales for the rest of the buns and stretch it as far as poss.

I use dust free hay, i get 10 of the smaller sacks at a time.

My two love it, they go mad when i put a fresh handful down. I only use it as their food hay, i dont use any as bedding.

Hope Bluebell is doing alright

Had a bad day saturday, but he's a bit better today thanks gray. I had to take crunchie to the vets sat with a suspected abcess so I asked my vet for his advice. He's given me some biosolven to think the mucus and said to see how we go with that as we'd had such a good improvement up till now. I feel like its animal hospital in our house at the mo, such a nightmare getting them both sorted befor I leave for work at 7am. I don't know how people like rainbow rabbits who have lots of poorly bunnies stay sane.

That doesn't sound too bad. I could manage if it lasts a month, any more than that would be an added bonus.

We had their pet shop version last time and it didn't help much, but I don't think its as good as their top quality stuff so will have to see if this is any better.

I've ordered one of each before. Too small for us I'm afraid. We'd use one bale a day. :shock: Nice hay but sometimes the bales I get are better, though obviously a bit dusty but I can sort this by shaking it outside for a bit.

Where do you get your hay from? My last bale is a bit of a let down:(

Where do you get your hay from? My last bale is a bit of a let down:(

Frogpool Manor in Sidcup/Chistlehurst. Sometimes the bales are a bit iffy, I had one with so much black weed in there wasn't much hay :?, but usually they are quite good.

Fluffiebunnie has said that Lillico's near Trinity has good bales. I haven't been though cos obviously I usually have the buns with me and want to get them home as soon as poss. I know that's quite a way from you though.

Mine adore the dust free stuff. Daisy-Boo will even ignore her veg and start on the hay when I put a fresh handful in.
I don't use it for bedding, just for the hayracks.

I must say I'm much more impressed with this. Its a lot better quality than there pet shop version. Bluebell is loving it and it doesn't seem to be making him sneeze as much.

Back