• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

loose poos

stranger23

Mama Doe
Hi i just noticed one of my girls has had a loose movement, its quite dark in colour and watery but still has some normal looking lumps in it, ive not changed foods or given anything different recently but one treat, its a treat.ums from pets at home could this have caused it? Is this an instant need to see the vets or should i take her only if she has more movements like that?

This will sound disgusting, but could yuio get a picture?

If it was 'wet/soft and looks a bit like a bunch of grapes, it'd be an excess caecotroph.

B&G have those treatums occasionally, but ive stopped them now, as they are almost guaranteed to upset Ginger's gut and we get 2 or 3 excess.

cant get a pic sorry thats the OH department and he is at work but yes it lloks like a small bunch of grapes but with a dark watery bit round it

cant get a pic sorry thats the OH department and he is at work but yes it lloks like a small bunch of grapes but with a dark watery bit round it

That sounds very much like a caeco then. In which case, stop feeding those, and keep an eye out for any more excesses :)

Ok thank you, she doesnt normally take treats of any kind from you so i was shocked she took it, will keep an eye on her see if she keeps doing it and if she does i will get her straight down the vets

Back