• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Comfort for Estelle... evening u/d

Mrs. Bunnykins

Wise Old Thumper
As you know, Ambrose passed away on Friday. A total shock to us all.

Estelle, his girlfriend, is sitting quietly in the garden. She eagerly waits for the conservatory door to be opened in the morning and runs out searching for Ambrose. I so wish that I could explain to her what has happened.

Estelle does not seem to have much luck in love.

Once she was rescued, she was bonded with Raphael. A beautiful REW with dentals problems which unfortunately led to his death. She was bonded with a new chap but, it just was not quite a match made in heaven. So back she went to Windwhistle, which is where Alice bonded her with Ambrose in May 2009.

And now she is back alone.

I have spoken to Alice and we will find a suitable fella for Estelle....once again. Yes, I know the choice is down to Estelle. I don't care what her fella looks like, just knowing they will be happy is enough for me.

Please don't think of me seeming to be rather mercenary about finding a new friend for Estelle, so soon after Ambrose's death.

Ambrose will never be replaced.

Estelle has plenty of love in her heart, and will hopefully share it with a new needy bunny.

Must go and spend some more time with her now.

Thank you all for such lovely kind wishes and thoughts regarding myself and the bunnies.

Di.

I must just add that my two free ranging guinea pigs, Trilby and Star are also very lost without their friend but, in their own piggie way are managing to lighten the situation.

Last edited:
Poor Estelle:cry:

You don't sound in the slightest mercenary:shock: You sound like you want whats best for her and that's:love:

If you had said "I want a cute fluffy baby rabbit," then you would have sounded mercenary.

You know she would be happier with a husbun and looking through your post you haven't even said what YOU want:love:

Good luck in your search Estelle, I really hope you get to spend a very long time with your next husbun:)

I certainly don't think you are mercenary. After Peggy died, I bonded Sue quicker than I wanted to, because she was so miserable on her own. We have to do what is best for our buns, despite how we may feel. I did feel a bit disloyal to Peggy, finding Sue new companions so soon, but I don't think she would have wanted her partner to be lonely and sad, especially as Sue wasn't eating much either.

After Florence died I took Daisy 'speed dating' and the bun she picked - Dylan who I still have - would not have been my choice. Daisy chose him though and they were very happy together.

Wishing Estelle lots of :love: vibes for finding a wonderful husbun.

not at all!! you are doing the least selfish thing possible by finding a friend for estelle even though you are still reeling over the loss of ambrose as you feel that's what she needs.

i really admire you for that and i hope that estelle finds love again soon xxxx

Poor Estelle:cry:

You don't sound in the slightest mercenary:shock: You sound like you want whats best for her and that's:love:

If you had said "I want a cute fluffy baby rabbit," then you would have sounded mercenary.

You know she would be happier with a husbun and looking through your post you haven't even said what YOU want:love:

Good luck in your search Estelle, I really hope you get to spend a very long time with your next husbun:)

Thank you.

What I want, is always to do the best for my pets, animals, friends.

Me, most of the time I am strong enough to put my needs on a back burner.

Poor Estelle :cry:
It is heartbreaking to watch them looking for their beloved partner, Roo never stopped looking :cry:
I think you are doing exactly the right thing for Estelle :D

Nobody thinks you are beig mercenary. You are putting Estelle's needs before your own and that's something I hope I will also have the strength to do if/when the time comes.

I hope she finds herself a lovely new partner. :)

Youre not sounding mercenary.. just caring for Estelle!
Ive been in the same position lately.. Lost my boy Sammy in the same circumstances as you and although heartbroken I have had to find my girl a new friend.. I felt disloyal at the time but just seeing the difference in Sadie when she had company again made it worth while.. It doesnt mean we feel any less for the one we loose

no one would ever think you were being mercenary Di! When are you going to Alice's to get her a new husbun?

I haven't settled upon a definate date with Alice yet.

Looking at my diary, Thursday 10th March looks good for me.

I must check with Alice if that is convenient.

In my past experiences with bereaved bunnies, a couple of weeks after their loss is a good time for them to consider having a new friend.

The disruption in Estelle's life seems never ending. I am concerned about any extra stress this might cause her. But I have to balance this out with the thought that she will hopefully find new love.

Alice has so many bunnies, there must be one just right for Estelle.

As you know Estelle has now been left on her own.

We have spent as much time of the day together. She looks so sad.

Trying to interest her in toys but, to no avail.

I have put a cuddly cushion alongside her whilst she lies on her settee.
Hopefully this is should keep her feeling snuggly. A sort of substitute for Ambrose's body.

The guineas are trundling up and down the conservatory, and I am sure they are trying to cheer her up with their antics.

I will endeavour to spend as much time with her as possible tomorrow.

Maybe we will have the chance to strenghten our bond between each other.

I just feel that I can't do enough for her.
Estelle might feel that I am doing too much for her.
Who knows what is right and wrong?

So long as she is safe, sound, warm, well fed and loved that is the best I can do for now.

Off to go and sit with her again.

As you know Estelle has now been left on her own.

We have spent as much time of the day together. She looks so sad.

Trying to interest her in toys but, to no avail.

I have put a cuddly cushion alongside her whilst she lies on her settee.
Hopefully this is should keep her feeling snuggly. A sort of substitute for Ambrose's body.

The guineas are trundling up and down the conservatory, and I am sure they are trying to cheer her up with their antics.

I will endeavour to spend as much time with her as possible tomorrow.

Maybe we will have the chance to strenghten our bond between each other.

I just feel that I can't do enough for her.
Estelle might feel that I am doing too much for her.
Who knows what is right and wrong?

So long as she is safe, sound, warm, well fed and loved that is the best I can do for now.

Off to go and sit with her again.

Hugs for you and Estelle:love: How are you feeling?

Hugs for you and Estelle:love: How are you feeling?

Estelle and I thank you for the lovely hugs.

How am I feeling? I tend to forget about me!

Overwhelmed with such a deep sadness. I know this will ease in time. All part and parcel of the grieving process.

Everytime a little one leaves me, it never fails to surprise me how deeply and emotionally I have become attached to them.

That's me. A big soft, squishy, pink marshmallow inside.

Thank you for asking about me. It is greatly appreciated.

Massive hugs for you and nose rubs for Estelle. No matter how many furries you lose, it hits you hard every time :( Hope you're ok xx

Hugs from this direction too. xx Is Estelle eating OK?

Her appetite is down a little. So long as there as things going in and poos, wees coming out, she's okay.

I am monitoring her very closely.

Off to bed now with a book, hottie bottie, glass of wine and the radio.

Wish Estelle was a cuddle bunny. You can guess where she would be.

Snuggled up on the bed!

Sweet dreams to you RUer's and thanks for being there for me and Estelle.

Her appetite is down a little. So long as there as things going in and poos, wees coming out, she's okay.

I am monitoring her very closely.

Off to bed now with a book, hottie bottie, glass of wine and the radio.

Wish Estelle was a cuddle bunny. You can guess where she would be.

Snuggled up on the bed!

Sweet dreams to you RUer's and thanks for being there for me and Estelle.

Sweet dreams for you too Di, I hope things start to look up for you and Estelle soon :)

Back