• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Peanut has just shaken her head, what does this mean?

Colyflower

Alpha Buck
Peanut has just shaken her head side to side, a bit like there was something on her head she wanted to get off? I thought it might have been part of a half hearted binky as she did it in the area she normally does binkies in but I'm not too sure? I just wondered if this is something I should be worried about and what it might mean. It could be nothing but I'll definitely keep an eye on her, first thing I did was rush over and check her ears but they look fine to me.

I'm sure she's fine, bunnies do sometimes just shake their head.

Perhaps she had an itch or something tickled her :)

I'm probably being paranoid, it's just in the year I've had her I've not ever seen her shake it like that, she normally does a shuffle shake, if that makes any sense but this really was more like something was on her that she wanted off. She hasn't done it since so I'm sure it's fine.

It can be a sign of an ear infection so keep an eye on it, if she does it a lot a vet trip may be in order. I have noticed that mine do it out of annoyance as well.

Charlie kind of shakes his head when he seems to be intending on doing a binky but really can't be bothered!

Mine seem to do it if theyre in a playful mood... or if theyre hopping about on the floor playing and someone claps they toss their heads about...

Back