• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vetbed and Hay Question.

allie1904

Mama Doe
Do any of you use this for indoor buns? Any good? How do you know if you are buying genuine vetbed and not something that will break apart after one wash?

Also, you normal horsey hay in bales is this meadow hay? :oops:

I think the original VetBed is by Petlife if that's any help. My bun has chewed at it but it's pretty tough. It's never fallen apart after washing, it won't look the same after though, the fur goes a bit clumpy looking but it's still really soft and it doesn't effect it at all.

They have it on the hay experts but only oval unless you ring up..I need 21" width and then depending on price depends how much length I buy. At least 21" square though.

May ring up tomorrow and 'enquire' xx:wave:

I did a lot of hunting online to get the right size but I can't remember where I got it I'm afraid. I've seen huge ones for sale and some places have rolls of it so you can ring up and specify a size. My local pet shop has a large roll of it so people can ask them to cut off the amount they need.

I use normal "horse hay" and my buns love it!! It is so much cheaper and they wolf it down :D I think it is just meadow hay.

I have never, in about 20 years, bought 'original' vet bed. It's just too expensive. But I can honestly say that I still have the bits now that I had 20 years ago. It washes and dries brilliantly.

I use vetbed, it's nice and cosy for little bunny bottoms! You can buy it in pets at home, they had various sizes half price the other week... :wave:

Back