• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hi all pls read xx

xxxkerixxx

New Kit
hi to everyone im new to this site but have alot in common with u all i love rabbits i recently lost my oldest last week to cancer she was 8yrs old i miss her so much i also have 2yr harlie both are house rabbits. i just thought id share with you all about what happened today and to those who no when rabbits stop eating it can become life threating if you dont get there gut moving.so today my buny decided to stop eating i gave her stomache rub and also gave 10ml of pineapple juice which worked within 3hrs she started to eat again i thought to share this with u all as its a wonderful thing to use to kick start there gut.i no this may not be curable in some cases but if u act quickly then the percent of it working is very good xxx
keri x

Welcome! :wave: I'm so sorry to hear about your eldest rabbit and your recent problems with your other one not eating :( It's always something I'm paranoid about and watch them like a hawk! I recently put a post up asking what things I should have to hand in my bunny first aid box and one of the things was pineapple juice. I bought some today and stuck it straight in the freezer so I know I will always have some handy if I need it.

Hi sorry to hear about your bunny. :(

I normally have pineapple juice but dont have any tonight, although have never used it. I think there is an instance where it is not a good idea to use pineapple juice, though cant for the life of me think what it is.

Luckily I had some Infacol in and Peppermint tea - fingers cross this starts to work - am about to go out and try Star with some more dandelions. :(

Ah yes, Infacol was another on the list, I also went out and got some of that today to add to my box, they had a 2 for 1 offer in superdrug.

Back