• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Homegrown noms in winter!

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
I found a sheaf of straw at work and the heads had started germinating, even though it was the middle of January and icy cold :shock::shock:

So I took them and grew them on and here are my two enjoying their surprise of fresh grass in winter :) Definitely going to repeat this on a larger scale next year!

009.jpg

008.jpg

I won't mention the mess they made :roll: WHEN will I learn - hoover AFTER bringing in dishes of compost, not before?

Aw thats nice! :D
If you grew grass or herbs in small trays or pots they could eat them from the containers and you may have less mess?:)

sue:wave:

Aw thats nice! :D
If you grew grass or herbs in small trays or pots they could eat them from the containers and you may have less mess?:)

sue:wave:

That's what I normally do I was just having a blond moment :lol: I could also put it down inside their cage, rather than bang in the middle of my newly cleaned carpet :roll:

Back