PDA

View Full Version : Please can we have some vibes for Gordon

Fluffers
27-02-2011, 09:50 PM
Poor Liz's (Liz47) Gordon isn't at all well :(

Liz is only 14 and a wonderful, caring mummy to Gordon and Beano. She feels very alone and frightened right now and needs our support to help her get through what will no doubt be a very long night.

Please can we have some get well vibes for little Gordon and hugs for Liz :)

helgalush
27-02-2011, 09:51 PM
Aww no sorry to hear that. Lots of vibes being sent from me. xx

hurricanhoney
27-02-2011, 09:52 PM
Sending loads of vibes.

shell1805
(big hug to liz) sending lots of get well vibes to gordon xx

susie bun
Spenser and I are sending our best hugs and vibes. xx

rabbitapril
27-02-2011, 09:54 PM
Sending lots of vibes, I hope Gordon gets well soon.
You are doing your very best.

Carrie14
27-02-2011, 09:55 PM
Loads of luck and vibes going your way:love:

Lillian
27-02-2011, 09:57 PM
Millions of vibes for Gordon, and Liz you're not alone, you and Gordon are in our thoughts tonight xx

Be strong Gordon :love:

KarenM
27-02-2011, 10:02 PM
I'm sorry to hear Gordon isn't well, Liz. You will both be in our thoughts tonight. xx

Liz47
27-02-2011, 10:05 PM
Thankyou so much everyone and Fluffers for making this thread for me xxx I really do appreciate it xxx I've just had to go out of the room Gordon is in to have a good cry at this xxxxx Thankyou so much xxx

antigone
27-02-2011, 10:19 PM
Sending lots of vibes for Gordon xxx

Barn Yard Bunnies
27-02-2011, 10:20 PM
Loads of vibes to Liz and her bunny Gordon.

Twinsen_Patrick
Sending lots of vibes for Gordon xxx

susie bun
Have you got school tomorrow, or is it half-term? I hope you'll be able to rest a little. xx

Nikki26
27-02-2011, 10:27 PM
Lots of vibes for Gordon. xx

poppymoon
27-02-2011, 10:28 PM
thinking of you and gordon xxxxx

Liz47
27-02-2011, 10:36 PM
Thankyou so much everyone. Gordon is not looking well at all :cry: :cry: I do have school tomorrow but I am focussing on Gordon right now xx

Bunnyaddict
27-02-2011, 10:40 PM
Sending you all the vibes we can Liz, will be thinking of you, Gordon & Beano tonight xxx

susie bun
27-02-2011, 10:43 PM
Will be keeping up vibes through the night here. Has he shown any interest at all in food since the piece of hay he ate earlier?

paulinejoe
27-02-2011, 10:49 PM
Sending lots of get well vibes to Gordon xxx

chelle
27-02-2011, 10:59 PM
Huge vibes for Gordon...c'mon sweety...xxxx

Liz47
27-02-2011, 11:03 PM
Thankyou xxx Gordon has shown no interest in food at all :cry: He is having a good explore round my room at the moment, but as soon as he goes in his temporary cage that's in my room at the moment he will flop/stetch and get up and back down awkwardly :cry: He has just pushed his face in a pile of hay but won't eat any :cry:

Mischief and Tinker's Mum
27-02-2011, 11:04 PM
Liz, sending a billion hugs to you and vibes for the lovely Gordon xxxx

sugarlump
27-02-2011, 11:07 PM
Hugs and vibes coming you way! Get well soon Gordon!

Angela lou
27-02-2011, 11:12 PM
lots of nomming vibes coming Gordon's way and ((((((((hugs)))))))) for Liz!!!

Eliza (Gordons daughter) says : get well soon dad xxx

susie bun
27-02-2011, 11:18 PM
Thankyou xxx Gordon has shown no interest in food at all :cry: He is having a good explore round my room at the moment, but as soon as he goes in his temporary cage that's in my room at the moment he will flop/stetch and get up and back down awkwardly :cry: He has just pushed his face in a pile of hay but won't eat any :cry:

It's good that he felt able to have a nosy round your room, although he's clearly not very well at all, poor fellow. :( Beano must be wondering what is going on too.

Liz47
27-02-2011, 11:40 PM
I'm so worried as he won't have any food or drink and hasn't poo'd/wee'd and is still flopping/stretching :cry: :cry: He is going straight to the normal vets in the morning, I'm really annoyed and upset at the useless emergency vets :cry: :cry: :cry:

Angela lou
27-02-2011, 11:44 PM
I really feel for you and Gordon, such a shame these things happen at the weekend. Thinking of you xxx

honeybunny
28-02-2011, 12:18 AM
I spoke to Liz and her father earlier and advised them to get Gordon to a vet straight away..her father gave me the impression he would..I am disappointed to see this hasn't happened
I just hope Gordon is ok as Liz has done all she can

Captain Helen
28-02-2011, 12:52 AM
Sending lots of vibes for Gordon xx

Liz47
28-02-2011, 06:14 AM
Jill, my dad didn't understand or know how serious rabbits are when they are ill but after he spoke to you and saw the thread in health he tried to get Gordon to an emergency vets, which is why I got him to speak to you, after several calls to three different vets we were turned down, I got Gordon in a carrier ready as we thought we could go to one but when I brought him in my dad was still on the phone and the vet wasn't at the surgery, she was on some emergency calls then would be on her way home. I spoke to two vets and both were useless, saying he'd probably just eaten something that didn't agree with him. I know all what he ate yesterday and it was everything he'd usually would xxx

*lily*
28-02-2011, 06:49 AM
Jill, my dad didn't understand or know how serious rabbits are when they are ill but after he spoke to you and saw the thread in health he tried to get Gordon to an emergency vets, which is why I got him to speak to you, after several calls to three different vets we were turned down, I got Gordon in a carrier ready as we thought we could go to one but when I brought him in my dad was still on the phone and the vet wasn't at the surgery, she was on some emergency calls then would be on her way home. I spoke to two vets and both were useless, saying he'd probably just eaten something that didn't agree with him. I know all what he ate yesterday and it was everything he'd usually would xxx

Has he improved at all this morning? xxx

Liz47
28-02-2011, 07:17 AM
He has improved, he stopped flopping/stretching last night, well early hours if this morning, and ate a bit if spring green leaf, carrot, some pellets and a fenugreek crunchie and possibly some hay and had a drink from his bowl. I was getting up regularly to check on him and he seemed a lot brighter. This morning he has had a nibble of spring green leaf, two fenugreek chrunchies and some pellets and had a drink. He is slow to eat hay though so I'm going to take him to my normal vets tonight x

Bunny Buddy
28-02-2011, 07:24 AM
Really relieved to hear he's made it through the night and nibbling a bit. Those vets should all be ashamed of themselves. He was displaying the same symptoms as Little Dot when she had a blockage, somebody should have been willing to see him as it could have been life threatening. Thankfully though he's got through it.

Fluffers
28-02-2011, 08:21 AM
Well done Liz, you deserve a HUGE medal for taking such good care of Gordon.

I woke several times in the night and immediately thought of you and Gordon. I wanted to come check for an update but I would have woken my OH if I had which wouldn't have gone down very well :(

I hope Gordon continues to improve during the day and feels much better very soon. Please let us know if he has passed anything and if so what. Continue with the fresh veg etc

Jen x

susie bun
28-02-2011, 08:21 AM
So pleased Gordon is a little better this morning. xx

KarenM
28-02-2011, 08:40 AM
I'm so pleased Gordon is at least eating a little. Best of luck at the vet later. xx

honeybunny
28-02-2011, 09:50 AM
Glad he seems to be improving..has he poo'd at all yet?

Also, try to do some research into other vets that may respond better in case you need one again ..better to know now than to go through all the worry again.

Hope there is more good news from you later x

Liz47
28-02-2011, 04:26 PM
Thankyou again everyone for the vibes xx I have updated the thread in health, as it's a bit too long to write here swell x

Shellypops
28-02-2011, 04:36 PM
Glad he seems to have improved a bit:) I agree with Jill, try and look round for a better emergency vet just for the future :)

Fluffers
28-02-2011, 04:58 PM
Just to echo Jill's comments Liz - I'm hoping Gordon is on the way to a full recovery and if he is that's super :D:D and he's had a very lucky escape but if this happens again the outcome may be different... :(

Having a good vet that you can take him or Beano to at any hour is essential. Any vet that refuses to see you out of ours is one to avoid. I don't know who you contacted last night but they don't sound very rabbit savvy to me :evil:

Well done for taking such great care of him. Please continue to provide updates :wave:

GrahamL
28-02-2011, 04:58 PM
Just to echo Jill's comments Liz - I'm hoping Gordon is on the way to a full recovery and if he is that's super :D:D and he's had a very lucky escape but if this happens again the outcome may be different... :(

Having a good vet that you can take him or Beano to at any hour is essential. Any vet that refuses to see you out of ours is one to avoid. I don't know who you contacted last night but they don't sound very rabbit savvy to me :evil:

Well done for taking such great care of him. Please continue to provide updates :wave:

I second this and have posted on your health thread :wave:

Liz47
28-02-2011, 05:10 PM
Thankyou everyone, I will try my best. I know there is a couple of others that aren't the ones we phoned but they are about an hours drive away :? I was very annoyed at one of the vets I spoke to, my dad spoke to one other and I spoke to one other aswell, she didn't seem to have a clue or be very serious I was so worried as this was when he was at his worst and we thought we'd be able to take him in, I'd spoke to her at the very start and she just said to keep an eye on him to see if he got any worse. I rang back to say he looked very poorly and she was like oh, it's about your rabbit again and laughed. I was certaintly in no mood to be laughing. And she kept going on about that he's probably just eaten something too sugary, like cereal, and he'll be fine in another day, I know all what Gordon ate yesterday and it was all he usually would :evil: I went back to the sun room and checked it all over too and there was nothing there that could've harmed him in any way.

Fluffers
28-02-2011, 05:12 PM
Thankyou everyone, I will try my best. I know there is a couple of others that aren't the ones we phoned but they are about an hours drive away :? I was very annoyed at one of the vets I spoke to, my dad spoke to one other and I spoke to one other aswell, she didn't seem to have a clue or be very serious I was so worried as this was when he was at his worst and we thought we'd be able to take him in, I'd spoke to her at the very start and she just said to keep an eye on him to see if he got any worse. I rang back to say he looked very poorly and she was like oh, it's about your rabbit again and laughed. I was certaintly in no mood to be laughing. And she kept going on about that he's probably just eaten something too sugary, like cereal, and he'll be fine in another day, I know all what Gordon ate yesterday and it was all he usually would :evil: I went back to the sun room and checked it all over too and there was nothing there that could've harmed him in any way.

How very rude :shock::evil: I think I'd be inclined to write a letter of complaint & certainly not use them again. A rabbit not eating and stretching is no laughing matter. How incredibly insensitive and unprofessional of her :censored:

ETA: ..and we know you will do your best Liz, it's only because of your tlc and ability to spot when something is wrong that Gordon is still here. You have done a fantastic job :)

CinnamonAndNutmeg!
28-02-2011, 05:30 PM
Lots of vibes and nose rubs from us.
xxxx

Liz47
28-02-2011, 07:12 PM
Thankyou both, I don't think that vet was rabbit savvy at all :evil:

Gordon and I would like to say thankyou for all the vibes, they must be working and we now have medicine for him. Metacam and gut stimulant. xx

Fluffers
28-02-2011, 07:14 PM

Gordon and I would like to say thankyou for all the vibes, they must be working and we now have medicine for him. Metacam and gut stimulant. xx

Well done Liz, I know I've said this before but you really have done a great job at looking after Gordon. You have coped better than most people twice your age would have! :D

chelle
28-02-2011, 07:17 PM
wow - well done hun - you have been amazing in your care for Gordon.:love:
I would def. write letters of complaint to the vets you called...and would be furious if I was laughed at when you were in such a worried desperate state. Im so sorry that has happened. Huge vibes for Gordon and hugs for you - well done!

Im so angry on your behalf at the treatment you got...when all is better with Gordon...write those letters...!;)

Liz47
28-02-2011, 07:24 PM
Thankyou both very much. She laughed after saying it's about your rabbit again, like a chuckle as though I was being silly ringing back again. I was so upset and worried about him and I think that was pretty clear so even if anyone thinks I'm over reacting about the way she spoke to me, under the crucumstances I don't think I am.

Fluffers
28-02-2011, 07:55 PM
Thankyou both very much. She laughed after saying it's about your rabbit again, like a chuckle as though I was being silly ringing back again. I was so upset and worried about him and I think that was pretty clear so even if anyone thinks I'm over reacting about the way she spoke to me, under the crucumstances I don't think I am.

Liz - I am well known for being an A1 complainer :roll::oops::lol: I have even considered going semi-pro :lol: so if you would like some help in compiling a letter to this so called vet please shout up ;)

BinkyBun
28-02-2011, 08:21 PM
Well done getting your Gordon the right treatment against such opposition. Sending nose rubs and healed tummy vibes xx

Bunny Buddy
28-02-2011, 08:30 PM

Flippin stupid woman :evil: The symptoms you were describing to her could very easily have proved fatal, it's impossible just from a description to tell the difference between belly ache/trapped gas and a blockage which could be causing the belly ache/trapped gas. If it had been a blockage he wouldn't have made it through the night. Why do people give rabbits less respect than cats and dogs? If you'd been describing a dog in agony I bet she would have seen them.

Thank god he recovered though. I had a similar experience when the vet thought the cost of the consultation would put me off even though Rudy was obviously in a lot of pain and stressing.

honeybunny
28-02-2011, 08:54 PM

Glad he is sorted and well done Liz..you have done well ..please give him a noserub from mexx

Liz47
28-02-2011, 10:39 PM
Glad he is sorted and well done Liz..you have done well ..please give him a noserub from mexx

Thankyou very much xx I gave him the nose rub from you whilst I held him after his meds xx