• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

anyone use carefresh to line buns cages??

shell1805

Mama Doe
:wave:

i got some of this at the weekend instead of woodshavings.... any good reviews?? or do i need to continue my search :)

Megazorb is almost the same, just smaller pieces,and is alot cheaper :) If you can get hold of that you'd get alot more for your money. I used Carefresh for my hamsters but it was way too much so I changed to Megazorb :)

Megazorb is almost the same, just smaller pieces,and is alot cheaper :) If you can get hold of that you'd get alot more for your money. I used Carefresh for my hamsters but it was way too much so I changed to Megazorb :)

where can i get this megazorb from?? alot of people have recommended it but the carefresh is all i could find around here :wave:

Is your bun indoor or outdoor? I use Carefresh but I only use it in the litter trays along with straw and newspaper as mine are indoors. It's great stuff but would be expensive to line a whole cage with. I saw a sample of Megazorb last weekend, it's the same as Carefresh but much smaller pieces and it's cheaper. You can get in online at The Hay Experts, they have lots of other wonderful stuff for buns there as well. Someone else might be able to tell you if there is anywhere else to get it from.

Is your bun indoor or outdoor? I use Carefresh but I only use it in the litter trays along with straw and newspaper as mine are indoors. It's great stuff but would be expensive to line a whole cage with. I saw a sample of Megazorb last weekend, it's the same as Carefresh but much smaller pieces and it's cheaper. You can get in online at The Hay Experts, they have lots of other wonderful stuff for buns there as well. Someone else might be able to tell you if there is anywhere else to get it from.

:wave: i had a nosey on hay experts and saw they have it. yeah im using it to line the whole cage, its just their base home as they are free range house buns but if i used just a blanket etc bella will just eat it :roll:
i use catolet paper based cat litter in their litter trays but i was using wood shavings in their cages :oops:

I used to have vetbed to line my cage and sometimes I would put a layer of newspaper over that, the great thing about vetbed is that you can just stick it in the wash time and time again. You can get oval shaped vetbed from the hay experts but if you search online you should find somewhere that sells it in all sorts of sizes and loads of different colours. I bought double the amount I needed and cut it into two pieces so that when one was in the wash I had another to hand. I've made a large NIC cage now which is lined with carpet tiles and has a separate liter tray but I still keep the vetbed as it's good for poorly buns or if they've had an operation or just a nice fluffy comfy thing to rest on.

Just realised that you don't live that far away from me :wave:

Last edited:
I used to have vetbed to line my cage and sometimes I would put a layer of newspaper over that, the great thing about vetbed is that you can just stick it in the wash time and time again. You can get oval shaped vetbed from the hay experts but if you search online you should find somewhere that sells it in all sorts of sizes and loads of different colours. I bought double the amount I needed and cut it into two pieces so that when one was in the wash I had another to hand. I've made a large NIC cage now which is lined with carpet tiles and has a separate liter tray but I still keep the vetbed as it's good for poorly buns or if they've had an operation or just a nice fluffy comfy thing to rest on.

:wave: thanks for all the advice my lovely

Sorry me again, just realised that megazorb is primarily used for horses so if there is an equestrian centre or supplier near you then you might be able to get it cheaper from there.

Sorry me again, just realised that megazorb is primarily used for horses so if there is an equestrian centre or supplier near you then you might be able to get it cheaper from there.

ooooooooo really?? theres an equestirian centre near me in horsham.... surrey pet supplies i think it is called :)

There's an equestrian centre near chessington, near the hook road arena but not sure if it's any nearer you? The pet suppliers you mentioned could possibly sell it so worth a try if it's easy enough to get to.

There's an equestrian centre near chessington, near the hook road arena but not sure if it's any nearer you? The pet suppliers you mentioned could possibly sell it so worth a try if it's easy enough to get to.

i work in chessington :wave: how sad am i that im happy someone knows the area :oops:

i know exactly where you mean, i'll take a butchers next weekend :)

I bought Carefresh once, but my buns would eat it so I didn't get anymore.
I bought a large bag of Megazorb, but it had an unpleasant aroma; a bit like cheesey feet, so I gave that away. It's back to woodshavings for my rabbits.

Back