• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need help for my english talk...

HorseyHolly

Mama Doe
I'm doing an English talk on why breeding pets is wrong,and I'm focusing mainly on cats,dogs and rabbits. However, I can't seem to find a decent picture of a breeders' tiny hutch for my powerpoint, can anyone find one for me? I also need a picture of a caring rabbit owners hutch, and was thinking of showing a playhouse set-up, so does anyone have a picture of theirs that they don't mind me using? :) I also need a picture of an inbred cat,dog or bunny, with noticeable illness/deformities due to being inbred but I can't find any either :oops:
Also does anyone know around how many cats are in UK rescues?
Thank you :)

Not sure if this is any help but Make Mine Chocolate have a leaflet that you can download with several pictures of some appalling breeders hutches. Good luck. x

I'm obviously not against breeding but hopefully your 'talk' will put a few people off breeding pets irresponsibly for 'fun'

A thread from a while ago with a bad setup - http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=250663&highlight=breeder+hutch

Maybe mention if you breed two dwarf rabbits (although you may want to say 'small' rather than dwarf, mini lop owners may not realise their buns could be dwarfs) you're very likely to get 'peanuts', small deformed rabbits that usually die very quickly.

peanut.jpg
(Also not mentioned on the picture is that they are a lot smaller than others in the litter)

I can't find anything on inbred rabbits, but you could also get a picture of a rabbit with really overgrown, disaligned teeth and say this can happen with irresponsible breeding and sale of animals to irresponsible owners

Back