• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rizzo's housing

DUTCH4

Young Bun
this is Rizzo'a hutch,he has had it for 3 years.
SDC10339.jpg

SDC10336.jpg

this is his outdoor run.
SDC10338.jpg

SDC10337.jpg

this shed is Rizzo's,in the suimmer it gets the sun all day,is there a way that i can make it cool for a rabbit to go in?

if you want it to stay cool you need to let a breeze through. So maybe replace the windows with wire mesh instead?

this shed is Rizzo's,in the summer it gets the sun all day,is there a way that i can make it cool for a rabbit to go in?[/QUOTE]
The shed is used for storage at the moment. But would like to turn it in to his home and add a run that he can use all the time. But my worries are that this shed gets the sun all year around and does get very hot. I am getting a new shed as this one has been there for years. Any ideas in keeping it cool through the hot summers would be grateful idea :idea: . sorry about the mix up the wording :oops:

this shed is Rizzo's,in the summer it gets the sun all day,is there a way that i can make it cool for a rabbit to go in?
The shed is used for storage at the moment. But would like to turn it in to his home and add a run that he can use all the time. But my worries are that this shed gets the sun all year around and does get very hot. I am getting a new shed as this one has been there for years. Any ideas in keeping it cool through the hot summers would be grateful idea :idea: . sorry about the mix up the wording :oops:

Most people replace the windows with mesh, but I just open the windows of my shed in summer.

Also insulating the shed keeps it warm in winter and cooler in summer :wave:

If you have an attached run that Rizzo can have 24x7 access to (and you follow the advice re the windows) then I would say he will be fine. We have installed an electric fan in our shed as well, just for those really hot days when they need bit of extra help to keep cool and that works well.

My buns playhouse gets the sun in the summer too but having mesh up at the windows and having the door open (with a inner mesh door) works fine. Giving the buns things like ice pods and frozen bottles of water help :)

Back