• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sad Day: Viola Rose will not be with us much longer

parsnipbun

Wise Old Thumper
Many of you will remember the battle Viola Rose had with myxi in Autumn 2009. She won the battle and went on to have a lovely year back out in the run and on the lawn.

She started to show signs of being 'under the weather' in November/December and we brought her in. She seemed a bit better at first but then started to really loose weight and one or two other symptoms suggested kidney failure (drank loads and peed loads etc).

Blood tests confirmed this - but she seemed to be ok with it and really lively until last week when it took a turn for the worse.

She is now at the stage of starting to fall over, look confused, and also have gastric pains, look nauseous, and also her blood has stopped clotting with anaemia (a side effect). She has started to loose any appetite.

We are giving fluids and some medicine for gastric pain etc but fear there is not long left. She had another blood test on Friday but really unless there is a miracle and some other curable illness is exactly mimicking final stage kidney failure then we fear the end is in sight.

It is very very sad but we comfort ourselves with the fact that she had an 'extra year' after surviving myxi (an illness which I suspect was linked with the eventual kidney failure).

We are hoping that together with the vets we will be able to keep her comfortable until the time comes to help her leave.

She did remarkable in fighting myxi. Let's hope that her last few days are filled with comfort and ease, and that she will peacefully pass on to the bridge when the time comes.

I am so sorry :cry: Sadly Renal failure so often occurs after an apparent recovery from Myxi :cry: At least she had that extra year of good quality time :)

Oh I'm so sorry.... Viola Rose is such a brave bunny coming through the myxi last year ,sending her nose rubs from me.x

Oh no. I, like many others followed her battle every day. i hope your beautiful girl stays comfortable x

What a terrible shame that she's now so poorly after all she's been through. How wonderful though that she's had the extra Time Twigs and had the love and care from you guys.

Thinking of you.

Sorry to hear about Viola Rose at least she has had a happy year since her recovery from Myxi hope she can be pain free for a bit longer.

So sorry to read this. :cry: I hope Viola Rose can stay comfortable for a while longer.

Thinking of you xx

Really sorry to read this. :cry: At least she did have a lot of happy extra time, and hopefully will have a bit more...

I'm really sorry to hear this. She is a heroic bunny and she fought massively before. She is still fighting now and I hope that her remaining days are comfortable and happy.

She's a stunner.

Back