• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

white spot on frank

victim

Young Bun
hi i posted a few days ago about my new bun, all has settled down now with her, still thumps at me now and again but had bonded realy well with my gf so thats a start.

frank tho has these white spots on his genitals and jess is starting to show too but franks are much worse, his personailty is realy off these past few days, the vet didnt know what it was and gave us anti-biotics for him, well its been a week now and the spots are bigger :( poor wee bun is so depressed looking.
so please if you have seen this before let me know what it is, im going to use a new vet tomorrow as the old one i just dont have confidence in.

Are they filled with pus? I've found that bunnies with Pasteurella infections sometimes get little pustules like this on their genitals. I've found it effective to squeeze the pus out, then apply a cream such as Surolan...although any antiseptic cream should work.

also frank has been house trained for a few months now and this morning when i came down into the kitchen he had wee'd on his blanket, i cant be sure it wasnt jess but since franks been so off im 90% it was him. when i got the new bun pug i think she brought this virus into my house and if so, she has been in contact with all 4 of my rabbits now, 2 5 month old bucks and 2 9 week old does, anyway let me know what you guys think, i would like to goto my new vey with a little more info.

as for behaviour, the buns are binkying every hour or so as usual but frank is down to just a few times a day and not the usual crazyness, this sadens me :(

Are they filled with pus? I've found that bunnies with Pasteurella infections sometimes get little pustules like this on their genitals. I've found it effective to squeeze the pus out, then apply a cream such as Surolan...although any antiseptic cream should work.

yes they realy do look like zits, also at the start they were just sorta small white flaky areas, now theyre filling up, so you think i sould just pop them and get some cream?

this is the 2nd big one franks had the other was at the top end of his boy area and this one on the bottom side, it dissapeared 2 days after i started the anti-biotics so i thought it was healping but this one is much bigger and redder at the base, those pics were took less then 30 mins ago

If its the same as what my rabbits have had (I can't see the pics very well), I think you'd be better to squeeze the pus out because otherwise they grow and become sore. Make sure you keep the area clean and apply a layer of cream though.

Does he possibly have more lumps on his penis that you can't see whilst its retracted?

If its the same as what my rabbits have had (I can't see the pics very well), I think you'd be better to squeeze the pus out because otherwise they grow and become sore. Make sure you keep the area clean and apply a layer of cream though.

Does he possibly have more lumps on his penis that you can't see whilst its retracted?

not realy, i mean you can see that one when its retracted. i dont think theres any one the inside just all around the outside

also the only anit-septic cream i have is sudo crem, would that be ok for a rabbit? and how should i go about popping it?

Back