• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Separating poorly buns?

alio71

Mama Doe
Some of you may remember I posted about my poorly bun Chaz last week,
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=271665

Well we have made it through the week and took him back to the vets on Friday evening. His eye is healing nicely but he has put on no weight despite lots of extra feeding sessions etc.

Now he does seem a quite wobbly on his feet at the moment and I am wondering about his safety in the shed with the other buns, he is tiny but lives with 5 other big buns. They seem to be doing an excellent job of keeping him warm and everytime I go to the shed he is snuggled up with at least one of them (they seem to have a rota to look after him :lol: :love:) But when I go to the shed he seems to get knocked over in the general excitement and hussle and bussle. I think I would be doing more harm to take him away from his bonded group by bringing him into the house to nurse. What do you guys think please?

My instinct would be to keep him with them if he is happy and comfortable with them. It sounds like for the majority of time he is ok there, its just the moments when they all come barging over that he struggles with, which are few and far between compared to how much time he is in there, I would think.

Back