• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Escaped last night :(

Bunni_xx

Mama Doe
My rabbits escaped last night because my grandad fed them. He didn't shut the lock properly, and I hate myself for not checking on them. The only reason I didn't was because it was about 2am when my friend dropped me off. I didn't know, but my parents went out to look for them. My poor mum was in tears, but we found 1 at the bottom of the garden, and one in the chicken run. Are there any health checks I need to do? They are very dirty but shall I leave them to wash themselves or should I do it? If so how? Im just so upset, so sorry for the rambling post :(

Aww dont beat your self up they will be just fine and these things can happen. In fact I bet they loved their mini adventure :D

It's like mud, but I'm not sure

Yes they seem fine but I want to make sure

Thanks, they're such good buns!! :love:

I think youve been lucky, I'd probably give them some wet veggies to dilute anything they've eaten & lots of hay then wait a while & let them chill then check them over & give them a good brushing & let them run around while you clean them out & fit new locks.

I think every bunny owners garden should be bunny proof.
So they can't escape when they free range or when they are not purposely let out .

So glad your bunnies are fine. They are great escape artists. My male outdoor bunny escaped several times over the years and the garden was bunny proofed. But he always found a way even when I was out there with them. They always come back. :wave:

Yeh, im just so grateful we found them!!! We have a wood, and they didn't attempt to go in there, as far as im aware!

:O Wow! LOL You could try and make an exhibit around your run so if they escape they'd still be found.

That, is a VERY good idea. Thank you! xx

One night, we came home and couldnt find Muffin anywhere, we searched and searched, went round to our neighbours with torches and searched their gardens. still no sign. Then I searched the house and found him in the spare room.

We had been going crazy, we have no idea how this happened, they had been free ranging in the garden. OH went out to put them away before going out, Muffin must have managed to slip past us into the house. Poor little chap, it was such a relief to find him and put him back with his Emily.

It can be really scary can't it?

Frank has escaped several times since me moved and the first time we discovered our garden wasn't completely bunny proof because of a small hole in our nextdoor's rockery. Luckily, once he was in there he was fine because the neighbour used to have bunnies and it was still bunny proof ^_^ such a relief.

Back